Soloution to Librarian with Null Zone? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

Soloution to Librarian with Null Zone?

Played a game against space marines last night; vulkan army with Null Zone Libby in a LR Redeemer with 5 Assault Termies (TH+SS) and Vulkan, and got tabled in 5 turns. Again. Null Zone is awful. LR are fine, my Bloodthirster deals with them like they're not even there. Thunder Hammers aren't great to handle, but not too bad - two squads of horrors can whittle them down when they're out of the tank, thirster can hold them up for a few turns with WS 10. But a null zone libby as well? My army's dead. And I can't get to him in his LR without taking out throwing everything at this bunker.

So, back to the drawing bored. How can you take this bumker out?

I was thinking; 2xDP MoT w/ Iron Hide, Bolt, Boon, Might - 440pts. Can take out a land raider, can speed bump the assault termies, can boon vulkan or libby successfully 55% of the time. Put them in the same wave to make sure.

Some questions;

- Can you boon a target in a transport?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You can't boon a target in a transport.

Null Zone is plenty nasty for Daemons, but Boon is not the solution. You have to be within 6" and he has to fail a T test at T4.

It's a pain to kill a NZ libby in a transport, your best bet is to get into assault since he's an IC. With Termie armor and a storm shield it gets a lot harder of course.

Not much you can do really, just one big weakness of the army.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

It's a pain to kill a NZ libby in a transport, your best bet is to get into assault since he's an IC. With Termie armor and a storm shield it gets a lot harder of course.

Not much you can do really, just one big weakness of the army.

So while we establish it's hard to do any way, surely this way is better than no way at all? The unit I took on last night was;

Vulkan
    Libby
    5xTH+SS Terminators
    LRR w/ multi melta

750pts worth of death (or half his army) that directly effects my army in a seriously negative way. If I can take this out I'm pretty much guarenteed to win the game. He's really going to struggle against the rest of my army.

Here's what I did; Ignored the death star, tried to take everything else out.
    Here's what I could do; feed the LRR my bloodthirster, taking it out alot of the time, forcing the rest of the stuff to disembark. The libby will dive into the terminator squad, as will vulkan to avoid being targeted. My bloodthirster gets shoot to shreds, maybe dying, maybe not. They'll probably charge my bloodthirster, who will strike at the same time as Vulkan and target all his attacks against the libby, hopefully instant killing him. If not, he'll get wiped out by the return attacks. Next turn, two MC's will be positioned to charge, shooting bolt and boon into the unit. The bolts probably do nothing, but 2xboon targeted at either the libby, or if he's dead vulkan, have an average of 55% chance of turning a T4 model into a spawn. Not to shabby. And in combat they'll take out a few terminators too, and hold the unit up for at least one turn. Not too shabby.

As an aside, these three units come to 715pts, so it's pretty even. Certainly not as bad as trying to take out 5 Thunderwolves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The advice above is solid. Kill the librarian first, and then go after the rest of the squad.

Have you tried tying him up with nurglings? That might be fun. Even without their invulnerable save, they have 3 wounds each and they're immune to instant death. While they're tied up, you could simply avoid that unit. No one said you had to fight it. You could focus on fighting the rest of his army, and achieving the objectives. It's just a thought.

Bloodcrushers, fiends, and nurgle princes (flight, breath, noxious touch, cloud of flies) might also work well.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

The problem with a Null Zone Libby is it's a force multiplyer - no matter what happens to the rest of the army, the whole army is better if it's around. The only thing in my list with a standard armour save is my thirster, everything else needs to reroll it's inv. saves. So ignoring it plays into your opponents hand. And as it's with that monster unit, you need to take the whole thing out.

As said in the other thread, I only play Khorne/tzeentch, so nurglings etc. are a no no.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

fight cheese with cheese as they say. why not sent in a DP, kill the LRR and then hit him with blood crushers and pick out his librarian if he's isolated with a BT?
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered surrounding the LR. I'm not sure what else you've got in your army, but surround it, destroy it with the bloodthirster and everything inside goes bye bye.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dheorl View Post
    Have you considered surrounding the LR. I'm not sure what else you've got in your army, but surround it, destroy it with the bloodthirster and everything inside goes bye bye.
    Thats a good idea on paper but its not that easy.. It is AV14, and they still get emergency disembark rules. It is unfortionaly priority #1 and pretty much you are forced to get rid of him. If your not using a blood thirster the matter becomes that much more difficult. A smart player will always move the LR 12" forcing you to hit on 6s, and then the Blood thirster is really negated. So much for WS 10.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I think you answered your own question on this. Half his army at 1500 is tied up in one unit. All you really need to do is flip the LR with your BT. After that he has to footslog a third of his army that isn't scoring. Just focus on whipping out the rest of the units. He's only got too option, either spread out his army and try to divide and conquer your Daemons, or make a big defensive shell and hope you don't break through. In either instance, just whip out his mobility and you'll be able to pick his army apart. Marines are a pretty weak troop choices in 5th ed, just take them out and watch out for torrents of bolter fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camarodragon View Post
    Thats a good idea on paper but its not that easy.. It is AV14, and they still get emergency disembark rules. It is unfortionaly priority #1 and pretty much you are forced to get rid of him. If your not using a blood thirster the matter becomes that much more difficult. A smart player will always move the LR 12" forcing you to hit on 6s, and then the Blood thirster is really negated. So much for WS 10.
    All his plans so far have revolved around destroying the LR with this Bloodthirster. Just then he's been talking about taking out the squad inside in combat afterwards. I thought if he could surround it when it blew up they'd have no way out and would die, would save having to try and kill them in combat over the next couple of turns.