Thouhts on the new Chaos Dwarwes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Thouhts on the new Chaos Dwarwes

What do you hope will come out of the new Chaos Dwarves?
    Will there come a new Chaos Dwarves book?
    When will it come?

I think there will be a new chaos dwarves book acoming. Alot of things speak for it in terms of the chaos dwarves having mentions in both the rulebook and the new chaos warriors book. Actually it's mentioned in the WoC book that they make the armour that the warriors are wearing, so they are very important fluff wise.

Look at the WoC hellcannon. It's something that the WoC rent in return for slaves. When the Chaos Dwarves goes to war the roll forward with their real stuff, not the crappy rentals.
    GW will have a field day to come up with the madness and invent the daemonic engines that the master daemonsmiths put together. I'm talking about insane and terrifying contraptions that hit's mainly with psychology.

Or are they just going to stick with their old earthshaker?
    And will they keep their slaves such as Orcs and Goblins? The trend right now seems to exclude allies. Whats your thoughts on that?

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; January 21st, 2009 at 11:39.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I can easily see evey Chaos Dwarf warrior decked out in chaos armour, hand weapon and shield. This form the defensive wall that protects the warmachines.
    The warmachines bombard the enemy lines with LD-altering fire.
    Bull centaurs form a cavalt basis that break the enemy.
    Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith characters give the warmachines extra abilities.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I dont think they will do it but a focus on machines, and demonic technology would definitely be the thing to do, I love the hellcannon crew , and all new CD should look like them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

What do you mean by 'it'? Do you mean that they wont do a Chaos Dwarf armybook?
    Please write your sentences so that not only you, but also other people reading the posts, understand what is written.

The hellcannon is cool, but I think there's alot more coming where that came from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think conciliator was referring to the book. I agree with him. GW always shoots that idea down rather quickly when it comes up in interviews. It appears they just aren't interested in doing chaos dwarfs. I agree that it has tremendous potential and would appeal to many gamers.

Centaurs seem more fast cav to me. What if they had mechanized centaurs for heavy cavalry. That'd make for awesome models.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Just not popular enough

I just don't think they were ever popular enough.

Sure, these days Chaos Dwarves enjoy a sort of cult status, a bit like the squats in 40k. The presence of the Chaos Dwarves in the new WoC book is a sign that we won't be seeing them rather than the reverse. The CDs are like their musical counterparts, slowly being consigned to history.

If they did bring them back they would have to build an entire range of models. The last edition, with those absurd hats, was really poorly thought out.

I suspect that the not-so-successful Ogre Kingdoms may have put a further dampner on things.

Oh and as a parting shot, you could also think about our current economic crisis. This is a time for people to market what they have rather than invest in speculative developments. GW like a lot of other companies is watching its balance book carefully. We should just be grateful for the LoTR. The development funded by those movies is still being gently released in the form of new models etc.

Phew.

I don't think we are going to see these guys for at least another couple of years. That said I have a few hundred pounds lying around that I wouldn't mind turning into some chaotic stunties...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post

Oh and as a parting shot, you could also think about our current economic crisis. This is a time for people to market what they have rather than invest in speculative developments. GW like a lot of other companies is watching its balance book carefully. We should just be grateful for the LoTR. The development funded by those movies is still being gently released in the form of new models etc.

Phew.
    Thank god, i'd not be to happy if GW was one of the stores to 'go under'

As for the Chaos Dwarves, I hope they don't come out. I never liked the army when it was around in the first place. I didn't like the background and.........silly silly hats.

They havent really been active enough for them to warrent an army. I mean theres no fluff for them leaving their holds and trashing the empire or attacking the Dwarves in the worlds edge mountains or anything really. I think they're resigned to background for the long time if not indefinatly.

Other than that i'm with Zarahemna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends and I were having this discussion and we all agreed that if they were too do the chaos dwarfs they should make them an opposite on the Dwarfs as in yes they have shooting but they are mainly a move in and combat army, we all came up with some great idea like giving them some kind of mechanical daemon powered Golem type things, thing the clockwork army from Hellboy II, and still let them have caster,s but really overhaul the army, there is a lot of potential, oh and maybe its just me but while the slavery thing is important too their fluff...I never really liked the idea of having tons and tons of O&G's if I'm playing Chaos Dwarfs I wanna field...Chaos Dwarfs, but thats jsut my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I would love to have new chaos dwarves. But I doesnt like the silly hats. The new CDs that come along with the Hell canon are very nice.
    The bad guys doesnt have any missile oriented armies, other than dark elves - but they are not so much bad guys as they play their own games with getting even with their cousins. The real bad guys are those who aim at bringing on the End times, like Beasts of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos AND Chaos Dwarves.
    The Chaos Dwarves are the key to integrating some cool, mad and totally insane cannons and other evil machines. If you want to play a missile oriented army you are stuck with the good guys. The Chaos Dwarves offer the opportunity to field cannons and still be evil.

I love the idea of daemon powered mechanical golems and extreme close range missile weaponry.

I hate good guys, bu I want to be able to blast away with cannons. What to do?
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; January 31st, 2009 at 14:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I totally agree with you on the Silly Hats thing, and yea I guess there could be a bad ranged army I just meant as in too seperate them from the Dwarfs, but yeah the hats gotta go, like this no hat looks great
    http://arena-deathmatch.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=336

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast