The Chaos Dwarf Big Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there are any chaos dwarf players left here. I have played 40k for 5 years now and I have finally decided to start fantasy. I have looked at all the armies on GW's site and no of them appeal to me. Then when I was about to give up I saw the chaos dwarf list in the ravening hoards book. I did'nt even need to read the entire list to know that I wanted to go chaos dwarfs.
    But the single question in my mind was how? Since GW closed their chaos dwarfs line I have nowhere to buy them. So I thought that maybe I could convert my chaos dwarfs from regular dwarf plastics and I could use either goblins or night goblins as hobgoblins and I could use beasts of chaos centigors with converted great weapons as bull centaurs. I want to know what you guys think, mainly because I don't want to convert a huge army and then get to the table and some opponent give me trouble about it. Feed back is needed and how you guys would do this if you were in my shoes?

"That is the sound of inevitability"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Texas, Home of Steers and.... oh wait, I'm not a steer....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suck it up and buy them either a) from a store that has old blisters and stuff, ebay, c) bartertown, or d) mail order GW. That's what I did with my old Big Hats. (Why did I ever get rid of them?....)

I hate the idea of Chaos Dwarfs without Big Hats.
    Bow down! Or I will unleash my zoinky army of surly crack babies! End this deception! I know you're hiding Martians in your head! Gimme them Martians! I am going to put butter on them! Martians! Grrr! Cease your barky noise making! Join my legions of darkness! My frowny face empire! I annoint thee! I do not copulate with Twinkies! Yaargh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bigshindig@Aug 8 2004, 15:50
    If there are any chaos dwarf players left here. I have played 40k for 5 years now and I have finally decided to start fantasy. I have looked at all the armies on GW's site and no of them appeal to me. Then when I was about to give up I saw the chaos dwarf list in the ravening hoards book. I did'nt even need to read the entire list to know that I wanted to go chaos dwarfs.
    But the single question in my mind was how? Since GW closed their chaos dwarfs line I have nowhere to buy them. So I thought that maybe I could convert my chaos dwarfs from regular dwarf plastics and I could use either goblins or night goblins as hobgoblins and I could use beasts of chaos centigors with converted great weapons as bull centaurs. I want to know what you guys think, mainly because I don't want to convert a huge army and then get to the table and some opponent give me trouble about it. Feed back is needed and how you guys would do this if you were in my shoes?
    [snapback]194268[/snapback]

I would just suck it up and buy normal chaos dwarfs but GW's archives don't have them any more. And I'm sorry but e-bay just isn't the way I buy an army, I their anyone out there that thinks my idea is good and will work.
    "That is the sound of inevitability"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Well, I gave you my suggestion. I guess I can't help.
    Bow down! Or I will unleash my zoinky army of surly crack babies! End this deception! I know you're hiding Martians in your head! Gimme them Martians! I am going to put butter on them! Martians! Grrr! Cease your barky noise making! Join my legions of darkness! My frowny face empire! I annoint thee! I do not copulate with Twinkies! Yaargh!

Senior Member Ultramarines r cool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just wait, I dont know how long but with the release of the hellcannon there is talk of remaking Chaos Dwarves I don't know how long this will be with the remaking of WE and rumors or remaking Empire, o and we cant forget Ogre Kingdoms.

Supporter in the Eternal War Against.......Nothing!

Ratlings>C'Tan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you can't mail order them anymore? :o

Edit: You could try the Blood Bowl models? :here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I heard, GW has no plans of bringing back the Evil Stunties with Big Hats. They don't even plan on bringing back Evil Stunties without Big Hats. *sigh*

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Originally posted by Happy Noodle Boy@Aug 12 2004, 17:26
    Last I heard, GW has no plans of bringing back the Evil Stunties with Big Hats. They don't even plan on bringing back Evil Stunties without Big Hats. *sigh*
    [snapback]196735[/snapback]
    It's extremely cruel since the Chaos Dwarf engineers looked really nice.

I'm not even going to suggest that you convert your entire army out of those three models...
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to agree with HN Boy on this one. Ebay has been a Hashut send for my CD needs and GW does still have some stock left ...at least in my neck of the woods. As to any new regiments being released, I've heard those rumours too ...I'll believe it when I see it. Still, I was surprised by the Chaos Dwarf origins of the Hellcannon and their presence in the SoC fluff in such a big way. Who knows? However, unless you love to convert and are well willing to spend the time and effort, then you may want to look elsewhere, or stoke up your alters to Hashut and give forth offerings to speed GW's releases. Long Live the Big Hats!
    <span style='color:red'>668</span> ...The Neighbour of The Beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are the 555 then I&#39;m the 666

By the way, Elgrun, what&#39;s it like to be a heretic?
    Bow down&#33; Or I will unleash my zoinky army of surly crack babies&#33; End this deception&#33; I know you&#39;re hiding Martians in your head&#33; Gimme them Martians&#33; I am going to put butter on them&#33; Martians&#33; Grrr&#33; Cease your barky noise making&#33; Join my legions of darkness&#33; My frowny face empire&#33; I annoint thee&#33; I do not copulate with Twinkies&#33; Yaargh&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast