What are chaos dwarves???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are chaos dwarves????

What are they i have never seen any before its just a big question me and my friend have, we are confused about it. :confused:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Chaos Dwarves don't have a current amy list, so are rarely seen. They reside in the chaos wastes, within impenetrable fortressess. They are the creaters of black orcs, and the dreaded hellcannon. Besides that, I can't offer much more help,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for the help lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this probably won't help answer the question, but don't the good dwarves and Chaos dwarves have a special hatred that translates into the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Dwarf are like dwarfs but in huge sboveground fortresses in the chaos waist. They have huge facotrys that are ran by many'o'slaves. They have special allies, the hob-goblins. Also they have access to some orcs/goblins. They control weird huge creatures. They also have bull centaurs. Half chaos dwarf half bull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The chaos dwarfs do have a army list which i use because i have a chaos dwarf army( in progress). Some chaos dwarfs have been mutanted by chaos and have become bull centurs, half dwarf half bull. They enslave most greenskins that live around the chaos wastes because they are only a small race and so reley on slaves. They are a good army to collect if you like converting and some old models (3rd to 5th ed warhammer) can still be found in UK mail order.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

What i meant was one for the new ed. I believe they are in ravening hordes? They were a good army when the book came out, but aren't as well suited to the more recent rules. I hope they get redone though, as they are very characterful, and present excellant conversion abilities.
    Taint

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

There is indeed an army listing for Chaos Dwarfs in Ravening Hordes. Although since that book was probably written in a hurry, I doubt they'll be as balanced as they could be. But then again, I've never used or faced them.
    Actually, I never liked them when they were first released, the rules are okay I guess, but the models look like crap! I liked the very first Chaos Dwarfs, the ones that came out in the late 80s and looked like short chaos warriors instead of grinning idiots with stupid hats that were as big as they were. If they re-release them as small chaos warriors (with heavy armour, spiky helmets, etc) then they might be cool. The Hellcannon crew might be a brief glimpse as to what they might look like, massive beards and sensibly sized headgear!
    The Chaos Wastes Valhalla? I was under the impression they ruled over large parts of the Dark Lands, east of the Worlds Edge Mountains.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Val - CDs are not from the wastes. They populate the Dark Lands to the East, the capital is Zharr-Naggrund. I've not got the CD army book from last ed so I'm not entirely sure on how they turned but...

I've read on the net somewhere that it was because they were late in closing up their hold when the polar gates collapsed. But when they retreated into the depths of the mountains there was something deep down there, a supposed god - Hashut. They turned towards darkness.

They have a RH list, and that is it. GW (particually Gav) has said that they don't plan to be making a CD army book any time soon. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

KU

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

thats interesting KU, i didn't know the origins of the CD's...i have always imagined Hashut as a bit like the Balrog from LotR- a creature of fire from the depths, so that certainly fits my view of him!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast