Librarium Online Forums banner

Obliterator Weapons

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Blight ME 
#1 ·
In the CSM codex, the Obliterators must pick one weapon for all the cult to fire in the shooting phase to shoot in that shooting phase. You may not use the same weapon in consecutive shooting phases. When overwatching with Obliterators, I always assumed that you MUST overwatch with the weapon you shot with in the previous shooting phase, but the description really doesn't say that. It says you must use that weapon for that particular shooting phase. It doesn't say you MUST use it until the next shooting phase either. So what is right, you must use the same weapon you shot with in the previous shooting phase or you can change the weapon for overwatch?

#2 ·
Because overwatch will happen in a different phase, the enemy's assault, I would assume the only restriction is you cannot use the weapon fire in your last shooting phase, and (provided you are not in combat) your next shooting phase you cannot shoot what you used for overwatch.

I could be wrong, but that's how I am reading it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.