Librarium Online Forums banner

The Preteritus Tutela - A Thread for PreHeresy Enthusiasts

22K views 156 replies 17 participants last post by  Handbag of Joy 
#1 ·
Welcome! This club is for all you who enjoy anything about the Warhammer 30,000 Universe! Everything from Fluff, to Modeling, to Painting. Here is a haven for you to spout ideas, give tips, ask for anything you need, and in general just hang out with other enthusiasts.

Now, onto business. Many of you may know me, but many may not. I am SWAT, or J if you prefer, and am a frequent member to LO. Also, I am rather well-known in the LO Chat, of which you should stop by.

I can see many of you asking what the name means. Preteritus Tutela means 'Past Guardians', which I feel is very fitting for a PreHeresy group. If you have any ideas that you believe are better, feel free to suggest them and I will review them, with help of other members.

Now, some clubs have ranks, which is what we will do as well. They will be as follows - Primarch, Lord Commander, Lord Commander, Captain 1st Company-Captain 7th Company. This gives a total of 10 officers. After we get members, voting will commence for the captains, and for one Lord Commander. The Primarch and other Lord Commander are set in stone as of right now.

Officers-
Primarch - SWAT
Lord Commander - Stunted_Merc
Lord Commander - Pickle
Captain of the 1st - Open
Captain of the 2nd - Archnomad
Captain of the 3rd - Open
Captain of the 4th - Open
Captain of the 5th - Open
Captain of the 6th - Jaffar_Hasad
Captain of the 7th - Open

If you would like to run, PM me.

Joining the club-
To join, I would prefer if you plan to make something to do with a PH Legion, but if you wish to contribute by being into Fluff, that is perfectly fine to me. PM me if you wish to join, or post here, and I will add you to a list I will keep.

If you have any suggestions for this group, feel free to PM me of Post them here. That is all for now, more later.

-J

See less See more
#2 ·
Member List

Here is where the members and their armies will be listed.

MEMBERS
SWAT - Death Guard
Stunted_Merc - Emperor's Children
Pickle - Raven Guard
The Toon - Dark Angels
Jaffar_Hasad
Tekore - Night Lords
Handbag of Joy - World Eaters
Summanus - ?
Legion of Light - Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus
Archnomad - Emperor's Children
Snorri111 - World Eaters
Kingal - Alpha Legion
Sycorax - Word Bearers
NiteRabbit - Iron Warriors
rogalofterra - Thousand Sons
Zezza - Luna Wolves
thewaspboy - Thousand Sons

That's all for now.

-J

#4 ·
The ship has finally sailed huh? Great, I'm excited to get this thing rolling.

For my contribution I will start building my PH-themed Emperor's Children soon. I have a few ideas for my heroes (Captain Saul Tarvitz and Lord Commander Eidolon) as well as an original character design.

The kickoff my LO writing thread I will start working on a short story set in the PH timeline. If it is well received I shall follow it up with a set, since the universe contains such a vast amount of material to work with.

I'm also working on starting a Heresy themed campaign using the "Mighty Empires" rules for Fantasy. I think with a few adjustments it will work rather well.

#7 ·
Good idea Pickle, and amazing sigs. I love them. Also, your idea on describing is one that will be great for this.

Also -

I would Like to Welcome Pickle to the Ranks of the Officers. He is now the 2nd Lord Commander. These are my closest advisors and help me make important decisions for this Club. If I am absent for any reason, such as on vacation, I will post and tell you to contact them.

-J

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks, SWAT.

Well, here's my plans.
Corax - Shrike Miniature, Truescaled up, Jumppack.
Chaplain .....
Librarian .....
Command Squad - All lightning claws, Jumppacks.
4 Tactical Squads - Rhinos
4 Assault Squads - All Jumppacks
2 Devastator Squads - Rhinos
Jetbike Squad
And some other stuff

All packs will be scratch built. Im looking for Beakie helmets as the whole force will be in Mk6 Corvus armour. I'm still thinking up more ideas, so if you have any tell me.

Thanks.

#9 ·
Aye, welcome again Pickle. Looks good so far.

My Death Guard will be...

Captain <Insert Name Here>
6x Tactical Squads (The 20-man fluffy ones)
3x Devastator Squads (Once again, fluffy 20-man)
1x Jetbike Squad
1x Assault Squad
3x Vindicators
1-3x Baneblade
3x Predators
20x Terminators
Plus other goodies, of which I hope to think of...
Oh, and a Fully Sculpted Morty by the end (I hope)

-J

#11 · (Edited)
Swat good to see you have this up.

Well I plan on playing the pre-heresey Dark Angels. Now I don't know a good amount of fluff on them but I have an idea. Now for this would I use regular marines codex or DA codex?
Warhammer 40,000 - Chaos Space Marines
That is the scheme I want but I don't know the colors any idea guys?

#15 ·
Now I love iron warriors. But for this. I was wondering if it would be un-fluffy (which I know it is) to make them more close combat oriented. Cause I like close combat much more than shooting. I don't think it would because I could make up something for that correct?

#48 ·
Now I love iron warriors. But for this. I was wondering if it would be un-fluffy (which I know it is) to make them more close combat oriented. Cause I like close combat much more than shooting. I don't think it would because I could make up something for that correct?
Now i know this is post necromancy. But i believe that the IW have a LOT of Khorne Berzerkers as Seige Breakers.

Just a thought, but it isnt PH :)

#16 ·
If you want to do that, use the Chaos Codex, but without Obliterators and Defilers and daemons and such. They have Uber Grit, so they are good for either Combat or shooting. Also, DA were pitch black Preheresy, as you can see above, and IW pretty much stayed the same.

-Sorry I didn't get back earlier, I just woke up 20 minutes ago :\

-J

#23 ·
Welcome new peeps, hope you have a grand time building the PH forces. It's good to see a dream project take off :).

Since my money conversion skillz are...non existant, how much is the Red Scorps pack in american? I might order a few and need a price.

Also starting next week I'll work on some fiction, I plan to write up multiple ideas and see what you guys like the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.