The Order of the Shadowy Flame - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 327 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

The Order of the Shadowy Flame

This is it! It's up, so welcome to all three of you who responded ^_^ . I'm hoping more will come soon, so we can get a reasonable number of people to join. If any of you want to proposition other people with unique armies to join, please do so!

Anywho, we are the first four: Cortana, Lord Yossanrion, warrior poet, and myself. Now I'll go over the basics so you all understand exactly what this is (in case I've been misleading), and so new members can find out what's what.

This clan (whose name is open to suggestion if anyone doesn't like it) is a place for people who collect armies that are out of the mainstream, or for those players who have uniquely different armies, whether they be heavily converted or fluffily deviant. The goal, apart from just celebrating being different, is to support one another and our unique tastes.

What I mean by this is, if a member is working on an army that fits the above criteria and they decide that they need some help or advice, I'm hoping they'll come here before shooting off to the regular forums. This isn't because I think the regular forums offer less than we could here (they offer more, if anything), but because this clan's aim is to support creativity and deviancy. Thus, and this is only one of two rules that I'm laying down, I don't want to hear the word "unfluffy" in here! I don't much care for that term and I find it to be counterproductive. You want an army of three-armed cyclopean purple Orcs who worship Khaine? Make it!

The other rule is you must have or be working on an army that is out of the mainstream. Now, that's a little vague so let me explain. Armies that are out of production (Chaos Dwarfs, Squats, etc.), armies that you yourself have created (like the Codex: Necromancers you can find in the Rules Development forum), armies that put a spin on regular GW forces (like my female Space Marines, not to toot my own horn), subarmies that are especially rare (like Cortana's Black Dragons Space Marines), and armies that are just plain weird (like bluetablepainting's cyclopean Ogres, check the Conversion forum) all fall into this category. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any so if you want to join just post your army and I'm sure you'll get in (I don't intend to be a nazi about this or anything). I also don't mean to be exclusive or snobbish, but no one's getting in with Ultramarines or Archaon's Horde (unless you've done something weird and wonderful to them, that is).

As for clan structure, there really isn't one. I'm not interested in being the boss and a boss really isn't necessary. There are no ranks or anything like that, just mutual support and respect (I hope). If any of you four want to think of yourselves as special because you're a member of The First Four, go ahead (but don't get ****y, kid).

So, everybody say hi and introduce your armies or whatever (I know which ones warrior poet and Cortana used to get in but Lord Yossanrion, you're leaving me in the lurch), and welcome!

Oh, and I've also got a prototype signature banner...

...but I think it needs a lot of work (hey, it took me five minutes!). If anyone wants to propose a banner of their own please do so and post it here so that we can all gaze in awe at your mastery of Corel (or whatever).

Cheers!

Last edited by Zanzibar; September 13th, 2005 at 03:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

No worries Zanzibar, I'm here.

I collect CC Witch-Hunters who are heavily involved with the Inqusition. I also collect Ig. My WH army is rare/unique because:
    I know only one other person in my city (330,000 people) who plays WH
    Don't know of many people who use the Inqusition as a major part of thier army
    Don't know of many people who use a CC theme in thier WH army

My IG is rare/unique because:
    I seem to be one of the only IG players I know who use Commissars
    I don't use Leman Russes
    I use Xeno Fighters (Orks)

Hope that'll work.

For the Order!!

~Yossanrion

P.S.
    Can you give the thing that makes your siggy?
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Good enough then, and welcome!

As for the thing that makes my siggy, what thing? The banner? It's not done (unless you think it is). If you mean what I made it with, Corel something (go here and download the free trial of Corel Painter IX). Churn out your own banner (in fact, EVERYONE do it!), and we can all have a nice, respectable vote (I think I already lost ).

Cheers!

Oh, and we'll be conquering the world sometime in the near future, after I've worked out the logistics and we have a few more members.
    Last edited by Zanzibar; September 13th, 2005 at 08:12.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Thanks mate. w00t! *adds message to sig*

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Well......It's finally started. As you may or may not know I play Chaos Dwarfs (but also have a small force of kroot and IG). So of course I think this clan is a great idea.
    So, what other armies do people have?
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, i've been a long time lurker on LO, but this thread finally convinced me to sign up!

I think my army is quite unique, even though it's Space Marines!

As well as a few mainstream 40k armies, i run an almost entirely scout force, with one ordinary squad as back up, and a couple of heavy support. It's surprisingly effective!

What do you think, am i in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

hello

Well, consider me interested. I play Red Dragons. Renegade chapter...use Tau stuff...big fleet...insane commander with a giant robot suit...buncha wierd stuff, basically.

I think the banner you made would be good if you lightened up the background so the words were more readable.
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see zanzibar i knew more people would start up....
    anyhoo i collect black dragons, the dudes with ossific blades and black armour ill post my assualt squad sooner or later...
    thanks for this zanzibar im just putting it in my siggy
    wheres the dude that collects orange GK's? we need him here........
    Last edited by Cortana; September 13th, 2005 at 17:09. Reason: lookedtoo self rigteous
    I really can't think of anything witty to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Miketehfox (the orange Grey Knight dude) accepted my invitation, so he's in. Say "hi" Mike!

Darkblade, welcome aboard! Tell us more about your army? All Scouts (or nearly) is a risky venture, I'd love to hear about it.

neosonichdghg, thanks for accepting (I asked him to join since I love his Space Marines, everybody). I'll fool with the banner some as it is too dark.

Anywho, my armies are as follows:

The Souleater Ogre Tribe: Nothing too special about these boys other than some conversions, my DIY tribe, and the fact that I painted them orange.
    Gerhardt Messner's Dogs of War: Dogs of war made up of Ogres, some Chaos Dwarfs, and a bunch of raggedy humans. The only thing they've got going for them is a lot of conversions and long fluff (it'll be well over 5000 words when I'm done, possibly longer).
    Fighting Tigers of Veda Space Marines: You may have heard about these guys and gals (go here). Originally I planned to make my own all-female Chapter but, after writing some fluff, I realized it was completely uninspired. The only reason I was doing it was because people said, "No female Marines!". Kenton Kilgore's Fighting Tigers were the inspiration behind the Bloodwraiths (the now defunct Chapter) and I really like them so I switched and made my Marines Tigers.

Future plans include a (purple) Daemonic Legion of Nurgle and a Squat army using Imperial Guard rules (I'm bidding on some models on eBay!).

So, that's me.
    Last edited by Zanzibar; September 14th, 2005 at 07:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Do you all like the idea of customized banners (ones with your names on it) instead? Just a thought; I'm trying to make them longer.

Here's a prototype

EDIT: Of course, given the nature of the clan, if you want to make your own banner, please do so. Who the hells says they have to be the same? Exactly.

Also, something I really want to do is get pictures of everybody's armies up here so we can all fawn over each others' work and laugh at our own uniqueness (maybe that's going a bit too far :huh: ). Anywho, if you have a camera (digital cam, web cam, normal cam and scanner, etc.) please try and get some pictures up? You can get a free picture account at places like www.photobucket.com, as well as LO's own gallery, of course.

Finally, check this (scroll the left frame to the bottom and click on Katherine's Hello Kitty Sisters of Battle) and (Oh wow... Different necron, beware)this out. What do you think? Personally I think they're brilliant and I'd love to meet them across the table some day. Also, no matter how much you trash them, they're very well painted!
    Last edited by Zanzibar; September 14th, 2005 at 07:34.