The Tactical Avante-garde clan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

The Tactical Avante-garde clan

Otherwise know as the Tacav clan. We're devoted to making uses of units that are unorthodox. For instance, the use of Warp Spiders as Melee troops.

Admission is free right now (because the FCC told me I can't charge for this sort of thing ( B;=...). Just say uses for units that you think are untapped.
    Also, if you can think of a multi-vector technique that makes unorthodox uses of one or more units, go ahead.

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I've got one for you.

Take Warp Spiders and Assault a unit that needs to be dead, keep the unit tied up until the end of the opponents assault phase. Then use the Withdraw Exarch power to leave at the end of his turn

Then rush forward your Striking Scorpions or Howling Banshees to assault range of said unit. Warp Spiders shoot the crap out of the unit. Finally both the Scorpions/Banshees and Warp Spiders assault this unit.

Would be even better with Doom.

Highly recommended for tough units such as Terminators, Destroyers, and Wraithguard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Okay, now do any of you out there have any unit use ideas that you ashamed to share because they're not cricket?
    Or are you all too brain-wiped by the paint-by-number powergaming lists?

Even if this one wierd thing relies on everytthing else... It's all good. Speak.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

I got a good one.
    Right you take an eldar support weapon squad and....actually thats it. Just take one. When was the last time you saw someone do it?

Is that wacky enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Damn straight. Anything that you rarely see is.
    Here's a cookie for your humerous way of putting it.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

IG as cc troops, send one squad in at a time, see how long they last :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Actually support weapons got buffed a bit so expect to see them more often. I plan to use vibro cannons then decide whether or not i want shadow weavers too.

4 warp spiders, exarch /w power blades, withdraw, additional spinner.

This squad can relatively easily stay out of sight until they strike with such a small squad size. They are used to simply tie up enemy squads and only work against shooty oriented armies, mostly MEQ's.

Say you are vsing marines with that damn 4xmissile or 4x heavy bolter and is screwing over your army. Eldar has much more threatening units than 5 warp spiders hiding out of sight so they can easily survive. From there you jump into cc with an isolated tactical squad. Survive 2 assault phases (not hard against bolters) then wihdraw forwards. I'm not sure if you can hit and run forwards though, you could in the old codex.

From there you blink forwards again and assault their dev squad. The power blades are there so that you can kill something as they usually make their points back but the killer is you silence all those heavy weapons long enough to get the rest of your units safely into cc and thus immune to shooting. This has worked well for me in the past. Especially as they can also shoot tanks in the back this small squad has worked wonders.

Another one is 6 banshees in a falcon, exarch with executioner. Since its in a falcon you get to choose where they assault. Many players just think these will get swarmed under but when you back them up with 10 infiltrating scorpions the banshees make a nasty countercharge and you can surround kill your enemies.

For marines I've used a small but expensive command squad and shielded it with rhino's/razorbacks before rather than putting them inside. I don't think its that effective but if you take a land raider and dread to attract fire I think it can work as killing the cheap rhino's is almost worthless. It works with razorbacks as you go 6" and keep shooting and keep your squad out of sight behind. It stops the entangling weakness and such. People don't often devote firepower to cheap empty transports and when they die they don't expose the squad behind.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

1.) Charging with Obliterators. Non-chaos players are usually taken off guard by this seemingly last ditch tactic. But their powerfists are actually the most powerful weapon in their arsenal, strength-wise! *Punch crush mash*

2.) The 10-man tactical squad. A thing of beauty. Remarkably resilient and can do anything on the battlefield. Looks boring in a list, but is the only truly multipurpose unit on the battlefield that excels at everything it does. Rarely seen anymore due to queso powergaming lists. New players who do this are usually browbeaten into cheesier pursuits.

3.) The 5 man assault marine squad. Not worth the firepower required to wipe them out. Ignored until it is too late. Their plasma pistols collapse the rear armor on enemy light vehicles and kill termies with ease. They wipe out heavy weapons squads and bring pain with the sweeping advance. They easily get their points back in this configuration, even if they are wiped out to a man.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

My brother uses that assault squad except he has a power fist on the sergeant and no plasma pistols. Its crashed headlong into my maxed out scorpion squad many a time and come down to the scorpions claw and veteran sergeant massacring both squads at the same time. Mine costs about 50 more points than his.

After many many experiences like that (the bastards brought down my 210 point falcon) they are now the primary goal of my dark reapers. They usually don't live past turn 2 anymore since I devote my heaviest firepower to them.
    Last edited by LordLink; November 29th, 2006 at 00:51.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    My brother uses that tactical squad except he has a power fist on the sergeant and no plasma pistols. Its crashed headlong into my maxed out scorpion squad many a time and come down to the scorpions claw and veteran sergeant massacring both squads at the same time. Mine costs about 50 more points than his.

After many many experiences like that (the bastards brought down my 210 point falcon) they are now the primary goal of my dark reapers. They usually don't live past turn 2 anymore since I devote my heaviest firepower to them.
    Thus, they perform their duty.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast