The Discussion Club (The DC) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

The Discussion Club (The DC)

I was wondering... would people be interested in having a place to chat about interesting issues? I'm thinking along the lines of science, global news, going ons and other current issues?

The idea is to chose a new topic every week and discuss it in a friendly manner until our fingers fall off from typing strain. ^^
    The topics would be chosen from a list of any proposed topics, so whoever has an interesting idea could get it debated in time.
    I propose that no discussions about Politics, Sex or Religion should be brought up. This is because these major topics tend to get people all wound up and angry with each other.

Each argument should be backed by thorough explanations and, if possible, with links to sources.

Anyone up for it?

I claim the title of "mistress of the vindictive"

=]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind[=

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Sure, I'm in. Maybe enhanced does belong in a clan (minus those 3).

Got a topic for this week? There aren't really any global issues at the moment. There was that thing about being able to get stem cells without new born babies.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I'm not sure if I'll take part (depends on the topics at hand I suppose), but it sounds like a good (and well thought out!) idea. I also find your initiative commendable. Kudos for that.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Uh...what topical issues are there that don't involve Sex Politics or Religion? (I guess there is Sport....)
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Let's see, there's global warming, stem cell research, (great idea LordLink!), philosophy, ethics, news... just to mention a few. Open your eyes and you'll see plenty of stuff to talk about!

If we ever run out of topics, a quick glance at some TED talks [Clickie!] can get us back on track. That place is teeming with great ideas and interesting new research. All we need are some good "topic starters" to get us of the ground.

Any volunteers? Any votes for first topic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Don't let cynics drag you down.

I think it's a great idea. In fact, I'm gonna sticky this thread.

If you need any help or support - just gimme a PM or something. ^__^

~Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

I'll join up So what's the first topic? I'm trying to think of something, but it's a bit hard to think of an interesting issue not related to the big 3 atm...well, to do with politics really, I wouldn't bring up a topic about the other 2 usually anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Well in Australia theres been heaps if you guys have been interested. I've just been to 2 interviews talking to politicians about the drought crisis and teaching Australian history in schools.

You guys got any similar issues overseas?

So who here heard about that new Olympics add in England that caused Epilepsy?
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbrith View Post
    Let's see, there's global warming, stem cell research, (great idea LordLink!), philosophy, ethics, news... just to mention a few. Open your eyes and you'll see plenty of stuff to talk about!

Any volunteers? Any votes for first topic?
    What I meant was that ultimatly all of these things link back to politics religion and sex. But anyway....

I hear the Australian drought has been linked to the looming world milk shortage. That and the higher Chinese demand.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    What I meant was that ultimatly all of these things link back to politics religion and sex. But anyway....
    Ah but that's where the brilliance is... Since we all know that we're not allowed to bring it into the big three, we'll need to find other ways of making our points. ^^

I figured I'd go first with starting a topic, setting a standard etc. I recommend that ya'll think about it, and if you have a good idea for a topic, PM me with the first post. That way we can discuss the wording etc. and perhaps add links and such. I'd like to stay on top of it for now, not to place myself any "higher" than the rest of you, just for organisational purposes. We can always elect someone better later on. So the topics will be started every monday evening and I have a few requests to make:

Please stay on topic and to the point.
    Please don't start a new topic on your own, as I'd like to keep some tabs on what the topics are and how they're started. (In stead, write the topic starter in a PM to me, and we'll go over it together, also remember that there may be more than one topic suggestion per week, and in those cases yours might be put on a waiting list.)
    Please remember to be friendly, and respect the points of others.
    Remember to have fun! If you're no longer having fun, go post somewhere else, relax, read a webcomic, watch a movie or anything else that'll seem more fun at the moment. You can always return and post later, when you've thought it more through. ^^
    *starts writing up the first topic*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast