Why I love my Black/Red Deck. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I love my Black/Red Deck.

The last game I played, I found out that I love my B/R deck.
    As for Red, low cost damage spells, abundant random chance (Burning Inquiry saved me), and some decent creatures, there's nothing not to like.
    Black. Well, I was a little skeptical about continuing with black, after a rough time with it. I was VERY skeptical after my Vampire Nighthawk was sent to the graveyard immediately after sending it into battle. But after receiving Rise from the Grave at a most opportune time, coupled with Unholy Strength, it became quite a force. All the "no questions asked" destruction (my favorite card, Doom Blade, and my second favorite, Mind Rot), and the healing yourself at the expense of others, have made me learn to love the dark.
    DWEY

"Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'm currently working at a gamestore and I know one of the frequent deck builds people complain about it what they refer to as "Red Deck Win" - basically all red decks that just use cards like Shock to rack up player damage faster than most builds can compensate for it - so I suppose it sounds like you're on to something!
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played against one of those a while ago. My only protection was that pesky little Dragon's Claw (every time a red spell is played, I gain 1 life, that's ANY red spell). I still lost, but it took much longer than was anticipated.
    DWEY
    "And then shoot it."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

red and black is a very popular combo.

With the unstoppable red damage cards just use counter spell cards. My blue deck has enough cards to change target of the spell red decks are soon put in there place.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have actually stopped using the Red in my Red/Black. It was far too large and convoluted. I am now using only Black. Now I need to go get some cards to make it worth a dang. I may post what I've got to see if I can make a good deck with it, and take recommendations. You people are so helpful.
    DWEY
    "And then shoot it."

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, new to the Magic the gathering group and there like no posts on it?

Anyway i started playing with the introduction of 8th edition, mid 2003. I started off by buying a black deck which made the opponent discard cards(mind rot) and make them lose damage or it(Megrim).

I currently have 9 decks(my older bro stopped collecting, which gave me 5 decks and my younger bro's deck was made by my cards).

My actual decks(not my bro's) include a Super Strength green kamaguai series, throwing strong creaters which are buffed(long-forgotten gohei) and getting lots of 1/1's(Honden of life's web) which with long-forgotten gohei could become 5/5's!

An other kamaguai series deck, with Ogre's, yes this is a fun deck which throws ogres at the enemy which allow me to play Deamons.

This is a Blue/black deck which is a very altered 8th edition starter deck. The problem with making the opponents discard cards usually takes a while, In that time my enemy would be playing the cards when they get them. So i now made it that i make opponets draw cards then discard them.

Last and most recent deck is my Black/white deck which is a life drain and gain deck. Another fun one to play fairly powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too love black deck

I too like black colored deck because black is a color of mystery, charm and secrets. Dangers are always lurking in dark and more elaborately you can say that black. You can easily disguise your appearance in black color, therefore I like this color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rakdos decks (as in Red and Black) also contain an absurd amount of Land destruction cards。Using that to destroy lands of one colour completely and coupled with Black discard spells、it’s a very devastating tactic。
    لا إلـــــــــــــــــــه

+ Reply to Thread