Librarium Online Forums banner

Favorite MTG moments?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  snyggejygge 
#1 ·
My absolute favorite moment is from when I was an absolute nooblet.
I was playing a White/Black Creature deck vs. a friend with a White/Green Saproling deck. I was thankfully able to get Debtor's Knell out turn 7, which allowed me to stave off a lot of damage, but not enough. He eventually got me down to 2 Life and decided he was going to let me live for a while so he could pull an ultimate smackdown on me. He was gaining an ungodly number of Saprolings each turn, and had about 100 when he decided to just build. A couple turns passed of me not getting much, his laughter growing ever more as he reached 200 Saprolings.
Something wonderful happened then. I drew my Palace Guard (1/4, block any number of creatures). I didn't realize it yet, but I had just created a stalemate.
I played it, knowing that it would only last me another turn. He attacked with all 200something of his minions just to spite me. Palace Guard blocked them all and went down.
Then I remembered. Debtor's Knell. I smiled and put Palace Guard back on the field. He realized after two more turns that there was literally nothing in his deck he could use to permanently disable my Palace Guard, he had used them all.
That was a good game.

#2 ·
This happened right after RtR. We have a fairly annoying girl at my store whiny gets pissy when she doesn't win etc.
Always like to beat her, and since I'm not a great player it doesn't happen ofter. I was playing act of treason/fling deck and just so happened to have curse of blood letting out (which doubles damage). She was playing a Griselbrand deck. I was down to about 9ish life. She swung got me down to 2 bringing her 20+ish. I proceeded to steal Griselbrand swing deal 14 to her then before the end of my turn fling him. For a grand total of 28 damage. Loved that her boyfriend was watching over my shoulder and saw what was about to happen and could hardly contain himself from laughing.

#3 ·
Favorite moment has to be when I played a Legacy tournament a few years ago. The Legacy format was quite fresh & decks back then weren´t streamlined yet. So I decided on trying out the tournament with a Draco Explosion deck (for those unaware it means, get an erratic explosion on your hand, get a draco on top of library & then proceed doing 16 damage, rest of the deck is dedicated to set-up this & a host of burnspells).
I met a Control deck, winning with Lands that turned into creatures & having a standstill in play. His deck was basically 12 various counterspells, 12 Card drawing spells & 12 removal. I knew he had a hand full of counters, I was playing the waiting game, searching for my Boseiju (land which makes a spell unable to be countered). I find my Boseiju, but don´t go off yet as my opponent sits at 17 Life, so I want a couple of bolts trying t get 1 of them off in between all the counters. I try to go off, but fail, & I will die in 2 turns, he knows this & proceeds to talk about how good his deck is etc etc. Then in his turn he puts a Polluted Delta on the table & fetches, 16 Life! In my turn I use my divining top to keep Draco on top of library, then uses my Boseiju, go down to 1 Life, casts my erratic explosion & show him the Draco, 16 damage, he reads the card, re-reads it, call a judge, then just packs his stuff & goes home....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.