2000pts Daemons of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

2000pts Daemons of Chaos

This is the 2000pts daemon army I am collecting when the daemons come out in may. I know the army book pretty well so I have come up with the following list. However since there is no sub forum for the daemons yet I thought I would post it here.

Lord of Change- Level 4 spellcaster, Power Vortex

Herald of Khorne- Chariot of Khorne.

Herald of Khorne- Firestorm blade, Armour of Khorne, Great Icon of Despair, Juggernaut of Khorne.

18 Bloodletters- Hellblades, Full command.

18 Bloodletters- Hellblades, Full command.

10 Bloodletters- Hellblades, Bloodreaper, Musician.

3 Screamers-

2 Bloodcrushers-

Fiend of Slaanesh-

Fiend of Slaanesh-

The idea is that the Bloodletters will hold the centre of the battleline with the 10 strong bloodletter unit acting as a sort of detachment for one of the larger units.
    The heralds will move forward to engage the enemy as soon as possible whilst the screamer and the fiends will be used to hunt out enemy warmachines and flanking units.
    The Lord of Change will be my primary spellcaster supporting the rest of the army with powerful spells to reduce the size of enemy units before the bloodletters and bloodcrusher engage them.

Let me know what you think.

JvK :happy:

Last edited by Jared van Kell; April 27th, 2008 at 18:48.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Need.... New...Book...

Also, Blackhat, need a new forum section now, DoC

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

*Punted to new DoC army list forum.

I haven't seen the book. Had a look at the rumours though and I have to say I'm very excited about the release. :drinking:

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

1. A Charriot of Khorn is actually not that effective for points cost. Fluffwise its great, but a Juggernaught is actually cheaper and combined with Armor of Khorn can give your herald a +1 armor save. Plus you wont be vulnerable to S7 shots and can join a unit of Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers and grant them hatred. The only thing the charriot gives you is D6 impact hits at the cost of your armor save and Locus ability. Its a tossup.

2. An Icon of Despair is a magic banner option for Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers. You don't need to treat your Herald as a BSB to take one. Just upgrade a Bloodcrusher to standard bearer and take it on that. If you want a BSB Herald there is a seperate list of Banners that they can take I belive, most around the 50-100 point cost but very good. Other wise a Herald of Khorn W/ Flaming Sword, Armor of Khorn and Juggernaught is about the most point effective killing machine that you could match up with a unit of Bloodcrushers.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi View Post
    1. A Charriot of Khorn is actually not that effective for points cost. Fluffwise its great, but a Juggernaught is actually cheaper and combined with Armor of Khorn can give your herald a +1 armor save. Plus you wont be vulnerable to S7 shots and can join a unit of Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers and grant them hatred. The only thing the charriot gives you is D6 impact hits at the cost of your armor save and Locus ability. Its a tossup.

2. An Icon of Despair is a magic banner option for Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers. You don't need to treat your Herald as a BSB to take one. Just upgrade a Bloodcrusher to standard bearer and take it on that. If you want a BSB Herald there is a seperate list of Banners that they can take I belive, most around the 50-100 point cost but very good. Other wise a Herald of Khorn W/ Flaming Sword, Armor of Khorn and Juggernaught is about the most point effective killing machine that you could match up with a unit of Bloodcrushers.
    Its a 0+ save IIRC. 3+ save and then a 3 modifier for a 0+. On daemonic legions they nicknamed it Daemonic Steroids.

Banner of the Sundering is amazing and should probably be taken. -2 to cast for target lore? Great against vamps!
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi View Post
    Actually the Great Icon of Despair is a banner for Heralds to take. The beauty of it is that I can take the setup you mentioned and still give the herald the banner. Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers can take a Skull Totem or a Standard of Eternal Slaughter.

On a side note I actually feel quite privilaged to have been one of the first posts in this sub-forum. :party:

JvK :happy:
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; April 27th, 2008 at 18:51.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the very good advice bonzi gave, I did notice that your fiends lack the unit strength to nullify a rank bonus if they charge a flank....just seems like a waste if your fastest unit can't make the most of flank charges.

Also, I would ditch the screamers and invest points elsewhere...with such few units at 2000, a unit of three screamers seems to be a small unit that could be better spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have an illegal list im afraid. you have 3 rare in a 2000 point game.

I would put the 2 fiends together so you can negate ranks.

As said before I would drop the chariot and put in another bloodcrusher so they can also negate ranks as they are currently US4.

other than that nice list

Edit: Never mind the bloodcrusher idea. Just noticed you have a character with them.
    Last edited by Lil_Git; May 4th, 2008 at 20:55. Reason: I was stoopid
    http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk4_8583 - A good browser war game

+ Reply to Thread