1750 tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 tourny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 tourny

I've got a tourny coming up at my club (clubmembers only) and deciced to go daemons this year, so comment are welcome.

Going Khorne/Tzeentch btw

Herald of Khorne:
    - Juggernaut
    - Firestorm Blade
    - Armour of Khorne
    - General

Herald of Tzeentch:
    - Master of Sorcery

Herald of Tzeentch:
    - Power Vortex
    - BSB with Great Standard of Sundering

14x Horrors

14x Horrors

18x Bloodletters:
    - Full command

6x Furies

5x Flesh Hounds

5x Flesh Hounds

2x Bloodcrushers:
    - Standard bearer with Icon of Endless War

Reduced both horror units to 14 each and the letters to 18 so i can afford a unit of 6 furies to screen my crusheers with general at the start of the game and afterwards go warmachine hunting.

I didn't go for the 2 extra horrors cause 1 casualtie means the those 12 points are pretty much wasted imo. And i see alot more use in the 6 furies.

The Spell Breaker isn't really need too imo cause of the Standard of Sundering which gives my opponents wizards a -2 casting on any lore i choose and i have quite some DD so i think him/her magic phase won't do much harm (or atleast i hope)

Last edited by Jaaktrekaak; May 4th, 2008 at 12:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

A pretty solid army all round. The Herald of Khorn is a different build from the standard Flaming sword and Armor of Khorn, but if you think you will be facing magic weapon heavy characters then it works.

My only thought is that you are 1 horror short of the next level of wizardry in both of your squads. I believe that lvl 2 starts at 16 so why not spend you extra points to boost your horros to 16 each. Granted it will take only one wound to reduce them to level 1, but its still a good trade off as you are only 24 points away from having 4 lvl 2 wizards in a very CC powerful army.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the list, and I agree with Bonzi. Boost those horrors to 16 each and that should fill you out quite nicely. Other than that, your list looks very solid. I hope you'll put the Khornate herald with the bloodcrushers? I've had excellent results every time I've done it, and it more than makes up for it's points value. Just make sure to protect them. Another thing that I see is that your unit of letters looks like it could be more killy if you split it into two units instead, although I think I see where you're going with the big unit. Combat res is very important for Daemons. Meh, I'm undecided on that. Keeping them in nice big unit isn't a bad idea, so it's really up to you. Just make sure they get into combat FAST or you'll be soaking up a lot of shooting if the enemy has it and it'll hurt you with letters low toughness.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff, and I agree with boosting the horrors though. Army seems like a great setup for a refused flank, with so many hgih speed units, led by the general....I think you may have some trouble with shooty, or fast armies though, as they might take advantage of you general being seperated from your slower troops. Consider the option of putting the khorne herald with the letters and adding the higher leadership with the standards re-roll

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Another alternative is to lower the number of horrors for some furies, or split the horrors into 3 units for an extra DD and PD. Horrors stay at level 1 as long as they have 6 or more in the unit, and the extra magic and dispell might be useful. You can also use those 25 points to buy a spell breaker for your HoT for some extra magic defense.

As Undead Bonzi mentioned, the usual setup for a HoK is Jugger, Armor of Khorne, and the flaming attacks with +1 s. That would also free up another 10 pts, and his armour save would be the same though he'd lose immunity to magical weapons and he wouldn't be able to hurt enemies with Dragon Armour. He would, however, be able to auto-kill chariots.

Anyways, good luck on the tourney.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjusted my list abit according to your input.
    Think it'll do pretty good now.

+ Reply to Thread