2250pts of Tzeentch Magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

2250pts of Tzeentch Magic

Hello all,

This is my first daemons list, so be gentle with me. I thought that this could be quite fun to play, without being so rediculous that it isn't any fun for the opponent.

Lords and Heroes:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch: 495pts
    Lvl 2 Wizard
    Master of Sorcery, Daemonic Robes, Un-natural Swiftness

Blue Scribes of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch: 315pts
    Spell breaker, Master of Sorcery
    BSB
    Standard of Chaos Glory

Core:

19 Horrors: 331pts
    Standard and Musician
    Changling
    Banner of Change

18 Horrors: 261pts
    Full Command
    Icon of Sorcery

18 Horrors: 246pts
    Full Command

Special:

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare:

4 Flamers of Tzeentch

4 Flamers of Tzeentch

Total: 2249pts
    PD: 12 + 1 Bound + 1 free dice per enemy spell
    DD: 7 + 1 Scroll

Let me know

:ninja: out

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

For the price of your Daemon Prince you could have 2 more Heralds of Tzeentch with Master of Sorcery and Wings for less than the cost of your DP. 2 lvl 2 Wizards > 1 lvl 2 wizard. If your looking to the DP to add CC punch then take him very cheap with Un-natural swiftness and Many Armed. With the 100 points saved get another Herald of Tzeentch.

Your Horrors are a little bit funny sized. 20 only gives you the second spell which is of limited use on Horrors. Buff one unit to 30 to get Bolt of Change and drop the other two down accordingly and give them both Banner of Sorcery.

A couple small units of Furies would not go amiss in this army as you lack war machine hunters and missle screens. This will free your screamers up to do what they excell at, march blocking/slashing attacking the main body of troops.

Even with a CC DP your going to be hurting pretty bad in CC. Thats Tzeentches weakness. Two units that could help you out a lot in this department are Fiends in units of 2 or Fleshhounds. You will have to divert points from somewhere else and you wont be MonoTzeentch anymore, but you'll be a whole lot more effective in the long run.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well GN loose the screamers and get hounds of khorn and drop the DP. this will give you more of a effective CC punch at a much cheaper cost. also drop the banners and command crap from the horrors and either take them to lvl 3 mage or leave them lvl 1. Flamers are always very good so keep them. as for a DP replacement I would get the heralds wings so they can sit in the horror unit's first turns then when CC is about to hit fly out and make sure you keep casting with the heralds. tis way the first 2 turns youhave a 4+ ward save against missels and magic (very usefull).

Just go either for more CC or more magic because you are seriously lacking in both atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd probably drop the DP for two more heralds. For a magic heavy Tzeentch list, you're seriously lacking in PD. Boosting a horror unit to 30 is great. Bolt of Change is possibly the best magic missile I've ever seen. S10 if you roll well and a chariot killer on average? Amazing Banner of Change is good, Chaos Glory is good for keeping your horrors alive and kicking in CC is useful, but expensive. In short, more magic. Bolt of Change will win games on it's own, so the chance to cast it is worth paying a little extra for.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Thank you all for the kind words, and great suggestions. I have taken your ideas on board and have redesigned the army to the following. Let me know what you think:

Lords and Heroes:

Herald of Tzeentch: 160pts
    Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror

Herald of Tzeentch: 160pts
    Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror

Blue Scribes of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch: 315pts
    Spell breaker, Master of Sorcery
    BSB
    Standard of Chaos Glory

Core:

29 Horrors: 451pts
    Standard and Musician
    Changling
    Banner of Change

14 Horrors: 213pts
    Full Command
    Icon of Sorcery

14 Horrors: 213pts (Herald here)
    Full Command
    Icon of Sorcery

5 Furies

6 Furies

Special:

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare:

4 Flamers of Tzeentch

4 Flamers of Tzeentch

Total: 2245pts
    PD: 13 + 1 Bound + 1 free dice per enemy spell
    DD: 9 + 1 Scroll

Let me know if this is a bit better.

:ninja3: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definately an improvement. I love the big horror unit, especially if you stick the BSB close to it.. Your opponent will not be happy with stubborn horrors with a 4+ ward. Heh... And then if you don't get the charge, the next magic phase you will have a great comeback with the banner of change. It's only S3, but it should do something . Definately protect that unit. It's going to be very important to keep bolt of change going.

I really like your list! I may have to try it out on my own sometime as it looks really fun to play. I had loads of fun with one unit of flamers; just think of the fun I'll have with two!
    No, I don't have any wool.

+ Reply to Thread