2000 daemons army suggestions needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 daemons army suggestions needed!

Here is my first attempt at a 2000 points daemons army:
    Lord:
    Kairos 625

Heroes:
    2 X tzeentch herald with master of sorcery (Haven) = 280

Core:

15 blood letters w/music + standard =198
    15 daem. w/music + standard = 198

Another 15 of either Daem. or Bloodletters = 198 AND 5 furies =50(24 OR 10 daem + 10 Bloodletters = 240<--- any suggestions?

Rare:
    6 flamers w/pyro = 225
    6 flamers w/pyro = 225

total ~1999 or little lower depending on troop choice from above...

I use the heralds to snipe chars and kairos to cast different situational/damage spells to help troops out. I know the troops are a bit weak but the theme is to have my shooting reduce enemy to manageable bites.

Any suggestions for this army? thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I like the list, the only suggestions I can make are lose the pyrocasters, and try to make your HoT fly.
    I think the 15 foot daemons and 5 furies would work the best, since they can eliminate the enimies magic
    defence early, leaving his army open to your spells. I wouldn't auto select heavens for your HoT, choose just before you play.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by very_origional View Post
    I like the list, the only suggestions I can make are lose the pyrocasters, and try to make your HoT fly.
    I think the 15 foot daemons and 5 furies would work the best, since they can eliminate the enimies magic
    defence early, leaving his army open to your spells. I wouldn't auto select heavens for your HoT, choose just before you play.

Good luck.
    You dont think this army is too cheesy or weak do you? A lot of other warhammer armies i have seen have tons of troops but i dont know if 3 15 model units fits the bill... Not sure if shelling out 1k points on chars and 450 on flamers models can get the points back for me... the flamers i think will be OK since they can stand and shoot and hopefully anything after 6d6 str 4 will be reduced enough to not make a huge impact on the charge...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok changed army a little bit... suggestions appreciated:

Lord:
    Kairos 625

Heroes:
    2 X tzeentch herald with master of sorcery (Haven) = 280

Core:

15 blood letters w/music + standard =198
    15 daem. w/music + standard = 198
    15 daem. OR bloodletters w/music= 185

3 seekers (90) or 10 furies(100)

Rare:
    6 flamers = 210
    6 flamers = 210

any suggestions for 10 furies or 3 seekers and 15 more daem. or bloodletters? The 10 furies i can get 2 groups of 5 huntin', the 3 seekers can hunt as well and autohit with str 5 aint bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I don't think the army is weak, but I think it should only be used for fun games with people you now so you don't annoy them and uncourage them from playing you. Just so you know you are talking about screamers, not seekers (which are mounted daemonettes), and 10 furies would cost 120 altogether. I still think you should find the points for wings on your HoT, gives them so many more options.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the army is weak, but I think it should only be used for fun games with people you now so you don't annoy them and uncourage them from playing you. Just so you know you are talking about screamers, not seekers (which are mounted daemonettes), and 10 furies would cost 120 altogether. I still think you should find the points for wings on your HoT, gives them so many more options.

Good luck.
    Well i thought about the wings but many spells they will be casting doesnt require them to be too mobile so i thoughtto save the 40 points(plus i don't know how to convert them with wings..). Would 3 screamers be better than 10 furies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I think it depends om personal preference betweem furies and screamers, both are good. For wings you can just say that magic is lifting them into the air, so you don't have to make wings, and the wings are not only to use spells, but also to stay safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends om personal preference betweem furies and screamers, both are good. For wings you can just say that magic is lifting them into the air, so you don't have to make wings, and the wings are not only to use spells, but also to stay safe.
    Ok I will try saying that to see if i can get by... That leaves 5 furies squad then. Any suggestions on what Lore the tzeentch wizards should take? I have both on heavens right now to snipe chars with tbolts. I don't mind the tzeentch lore but they get 2 so not very safe if they got the close range ones... your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

The HoT should take things depending on the opponent, but some of my favourites are fire (destruction and flaming sword), beasts (great support spells and angry bear), and death (zappy and you can reduce opponents Lds, deadly in a fear causing army).
    Against heavily armoured armies take metal, against horde a burning head - doom and darkness combo can be deadly. Heavens is good against a gunline and light is good against undead.

I never pre-choose my lore, I choose at the last possible moment so I know my oppoments army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The HoT should take things depending on the opponent, but some of my favourites are fire (destruction and flaming sword), beasts (great support spells and angry bear), and death (zappy and you can reduce opponents Lds, deadly in a fear causing army).
    Against heavily armoured armies take metal, against horde a burning head - doom and darkness combo can be deadly. Heavens is good against a gunline and light is good against undead.

I never pre-choose my lore, I choose at the last possible moment so I know my oppoments army.
    That is true. So you think the 5 furies will be OK or i should just put in 5 models of bloodletters/daemonettes in existing group - or have 2 15 men units and 2 10 men units? The troop units are really lacking... can't believe a L4 wizard could cost so much..then again imo anything less than a L4 is useless if I want to use magic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast