Two 500 point lists for consideration vs VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two 500 point lists for consideration vs VC

So myself and a group of my friends have started our own escalation league of sorts.

My first random matchup is Vampire Counts this Friday. I've come up with two lists. The plan is to Siren Song the general's unit into an advantageous position and multi-charge. Beat the general, beat VC.

500 points seems so restrictive for DoC, but I still find myself unsure what to pick because of all the options available! Let me know which you think is better, or if you have another recommendation for beating my undead foe. The list doesn't have to stay Slaanesh/Khorne, it just worked out that way since Tzeentch and Nurgle just don't seem like they would do much at 500.

LIST 1 Two decent units

Herald of Slaanesh w/ Siren Song and Torment Blade (house rules this to NOT give additional attack)

11 Daemonettes w/ Champion, Standard, and Banner of Ecstasy (Herald goes here!)

12 Bloodletters w/ Full Command and Icon of Eternal War

LIST 2 Three small units

Herald of Slaanesh w/ Siren Song

11 Daemonettes w/ Champion (Herald here)

10 Daemonettes

10 Bloodletters

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gee, 500 points is kinda hard for DOC.

Or those lists, I'd go 2. More units, so more tactical flexibility, and I think ASF in 'nets should take care of whatever comes their way.

But yeah, by the time you buy 2 core and a Herald, there aint much left...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: This plan FAILED. I ended up running the second list.

The first two turns were me marching across the field and him sitting still casting IoN.

On his turn 3, I Siren Song his general, who is placed behind his main forces (not in unit) I have line of sight, and I use it. He moves towards but is unable to complete the charge due to lack of space between the skeletons and zombies to do so. I think this is where the brilliant plan failed, mostly because I thought it had space to make it. It was close, but whatever; it's between friends I'm not going to argue it too hard! He charges the Herald'd Daemonettes with the Black Coach. Impact hits kill 5. No wounds on the attacks back. Instability kills 6 more, leaving the lone Herald of Slaanesh with her entire unit dead around her.
    On my turn 3, charge Skeletons with Bloodletters, charge Zombies with other Daemonettes (no other options really, they were pretty much just lined up for this). I whittle the units down slightly faster than they raise back up, killing about a rank a turn overall. Unfortunately the Herald predictably fails against the Black Coach eventually, and the Black Coach gets onto the Bloodletters' flank. This combat, in total, takes all the remaining turns. Given one more combat, his Skeletons would have evaporated and the Bloodletters could reform to fight the Chariot better, and in two more combats the Daemonettes would be done with the zombies and get into it with that vampire general, but alas he held me off for the full game and scored a Solid Victory to start the league off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

This is about your first list.
    I think the full commands and magic banners on the units might be a bit much for 500 points. I would probably go for a musician and and maybe a champion. Then I would use the extra points for a unit of furies of maybe a fiend and then you could beef up the bloodletters and daemonnettes. They would really help if he does this again. Hopefully his general won't be to protected due to him not fighting and being a caster.

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread