Super happy fun time 2000 fighty army - competitive or deathwish? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super happy fun time 2000 fighty army - competitive or deathwish?

My new army diff than my most magic armies...
    Lord:
    BT w/oa,fb,if
    herald of khorne juggernaut FB,AK
    herald of khorne juggernaut fb,ak,bsb sunder

5 hounds x 2
    3 fiends

11 BL FC endless war
    11 BL FC no champ endless war
    10 horrors

It is surprisingly small for a 2000 point army... i put BT there to get rid of big stuff that is risky to go against with my main forces. everyone here can potentially charge on turn 2 - especially my bloodletter squads with d6 extra charge. I could remove the firestorm blades from khorne heralds for 4 more bloodletters. Thought about removing bloodletter and have skulltaker or another herald khorne but that might not be good idea.... Do i need flamer support? suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the small cost, 5 furies can add a ton of utility to your list, especially being that you plan to get into battle as fast as possible, you're likely going to be charging the units that your enemy wants you to charge into. Furies would be nice to screen your flanks as you charge into your enemies 'bait' units.

Your 10 horrors, if I was facing this list, they'd be my first target. With your BT seeking out your opponents tough units, and your heralds, hounds, fiends, and BLs charging against your enemies front lines, how do you plan to position your horrors to be safe and useful? I'd contemplate replacing one of your BL units with some plaguebearers to stay relatively close to your horrors so you can get some use out of them, and to make your foe more hesitant to charge at them with the plaguebearers nearby. It's either that or I see those horrors being dispatched before they can get the chance to cast on any target other then the unit your enemy is going to be charging them with.

Magic. You've got 10 horrors, and Spellbreaker on your BT. Being that you play magic heavy armies, you ought to realize that if you face a magic heavy list with this army, you're going to have a weakness that will quickly be exploited. I'd contemplate swapping out a Herald of Khorne for a Herald of Tzeentch, and make it a wizard for the extra dispel dice. You've got a lot of fast charging, hard hitting units, but nothing that will effectively counter a heavy magic assault. Loosing one herald on a juggy isn't going to take much from your assault, but adding some more dispel dice will undoubtedly help.

I could be off, I've yet to play since the release of the edition 7 ruleset, but I used to be pretty damned successful when I did play, and getting back into it now, I've reviewed all the new army books that are out as well as the new rulebook, and I just feel like this list needs to be tweaked a bit for effectiveness. For fun though, or against novice players, I see it working out just fine. At the end of the day, the dice decide it all, so enjoy playing with whatever army you field, and best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is BT worth it with the khorne heralds around? Khorne heralds are like mini versions of BT without the huge target on their backs (as long as they stay in unit...). I am thinking of replacing BT with skulltaker and another khorne herald on chariot... or maybe a tzeentch herald on chariot... thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BT is totally worth it. The way you have him setup with obsidian armour and all, he'll cut through most opponents before they get the opportunity to attack back, especially enemy characters decked out with items, that obsidian armour will really help him there. He can also fly, another invaluable asset. If you replace him as you had suggested, you're losing the ability to fly, you're losing a spellbreaker, you're losing out on immortal fury, the list goes on. NOTHING can replace a Bloodthirster.

On the same note, there are plenty of advantages that you can pick up with the points you have devoted to him, but in my opinion, he defines your army. If you're going to make changes, I'd change the gifts you have selected for your Bloodthirster, but keep the unit itself, especially if you already have the model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i came up with few balanced lists... any suggestions?
    List1:
    BT w/AK,IF,DI
    Skulltaker w/jugger
    herald w/jugger,ak,fb,bsb despair
    Masque

11 BL music
    11 BL music
    10 horrors
    6 flamers x 2
    5 furies

List2:
    BT w/AK,IF,DI
    herald nurgle palaquin, noxious,bsb despair
    17 BL FC endless
    16 PB FC decay
    10 horrors
    5 flamers x 2
    5 furies

List3:
    BT w/AK,IF,DI
    16 BL FC
    10 horrors x2
    5 hounds x2
    5 flamers x 2
    5 furies

List 2 has few units but 2 very powerful units in tarpit nurgle and beefy khorne with flamer support and some furries screen/warmachine hunting. List1 is somewhat the same except it has 2 fighty units of bloodletters but less in numbers, although herald nurgle from List2 could could be replaced by skulltaker and then PB by BL. List 3 has 1 meaty unit - khorne but has a lot of flank support in hounds and flamers that they can take on smaller units by themselves. I am leaning toward 3,2,1... suggestions?
    Last edited by shaselai; September 11th, 2008 at 03:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List 3 looks good. I'd also swap dark insanity for a spell breaker, not sure what you could do with the spare 20pts.
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

+ Reply to Thread