2000pt Khorne/Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2000pt Khorne/Tzeentch

This is my crossover attempt from 40K daemons to fantasy daemons. Same idea as 40K, Khorne units are there to be killy, Tzeentch backs them up with a little bit of ranged support. I'm still relatively new at fantasy so this list is probably crap. Let me know any comments or suggestions you may have.

Lords: 550
    Bloodthirster (550 ): Immortal Fury, Awesome Strength

Heroes: 250
    Herald of Khorne (250 ): Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade, BSB, Banner of Sundering

Core: 637
    16 Blootletters (229): Standard Bearer, Icon of Endless War

12 Blootletters (144):

12 Blootletters (144):

5 Furies (60 )

5 Furies (60 )

Special: 350
    5 Flesh Hounds (175)

5 Flesh Hounds (175)

Rare: 210
    3 Flamers (105)

3 Flamers (105)

Total: 1997

Last edited by thedrifter777; November 7th, 2008 at 22:12.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Well considering this is a straight up convert from 40k, it's a pretty good list actually. I only have a few thoughts:

-Where do you plan on putting you're Herald? If it's with the Crushers, I won't recommend this. First, he doesn't get lookout sir when shot at and second, this unit still can't take stuff head on even with Hatred. My favorite place to parka Herald is inside Bloodletters, but plan for him since he takes up 4 spaces. I'd be looking at making one unit 16 strong to go 5*4, or 20 strong (my preference) for 6*4.

Bloodthirster is solid stuff indeed. Nice character nuker you have there

Core is good, just look at tweaking the sizes for the Herald. The only thing I'd recommend is going to one large unit, as something big and tough to kill to hold the center, backed by smaller units on it's flanks. I run on units of 20, and 2 units 10 for this reason.

I'd normally consider Bloodcrushers a waste unless the rest of the army was solid, and yours seems to be, so they're fine. Don't take on anything head on with these guys, they are support only in a unit of 2. Flanker charge with them or take on units with low static combat res (ie, no ranks, or big numbers etc..).

However, the only real thing this list is missing is Furies. I know in 40k they're pretty ordinary, and share the same slot as Fleshhounds, but in Fantasy, there are a great distraction unit. Use them to hunt warmachines, block line of sight to your Flesh Hounds from shooters, march block the enemy, or take out a Wizard in a suicide mission. Fitting them is a different story though...there's 2 main ways I see them getting into the list. 1) Drop the Bloodcrushers for 2 units of 5 or 2) Drop 10 x Horrors for 2 units of 5.

I'd take option 2, as I like the inclusion of Bloodcrushers in this list, as a great support unit to run along side the 'letters or hounds.

The last tweak would consider, though not a major problem, is the BSB's banner. It's a geat banner and all, but in a list very low Magic Defense, the Great Standard of Sundering is going to help you out a lot. The -2 to cast will almost always force an extra dice into the spell, so since there's less coming at you, you pretty much dispelled some without doing anything at all. This, is easy enough to change though.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Thanks for the reply. I tried to make as many of your suggested changes as possible:

- Well just decided to drop the crushers if they aren't herald led. So to get the insane number of attacks I like, I changed up the bloodthirster for that role. However if that seems like a bad decision I'm flexible.

- Added the extra bloodletters on your suggestion.

- Will have to actually buy some furies (they are really terrible in 40k)

Let me know what else would make it more competitive.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

What's the reason you have so many bloodletter units? I think I said to juice up one unit to take a Herald, but not add one, but I think you've added after dropping the Crushers.

To make this list straight up more competeitve, try and get those Flamers upto 6. Drop 10 x Bloodletters, add the 3 Flamers, get the 2nd unit of 12 Bloodletters upto 12, and we're sweet. Remember, Flamers can serve as combat support if they need to, so by dropping one support unit, you're getting yourself another anyway (3 flamers won't do much. 6 though...)

But be aware, Flamers make more points up from shooting, than combat. It's like the Lord of Change - combat is a last resort, but you do what you have to.

I think after that, we're looking pretty damn sweet. As is, the list is still pretty good, just most Daemon plaeyrs will limit their core a little in favour of Specials and Rares, which tend to more valuable. I think you've done well to fit in what you have.

As for the Furies - I've used them in 40k, purely becuase I had the models, and I used them for a similar role - Get in the way, tie up units in Close Combat, and things like that. Never EVER protect these guys - they should be either March Blocking, or dying for the greater good. I nFantasy, they can actually kill Warmachine crew though....well, I guess they might trouble GUard artillery crew in 40k

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Sry for the late reply. Again thanxs for your constructive comments. Lets get this right this time lol:

- Switched my Thirster' back to the character killer.

- Modified the core as per your suggestions. Could only get 16 letters in the main block to afford the extra flamers.

- Added the extra flamers. They're just as awesome in 40K so no problems adding the extra models.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777 View Post
    Sry for the late reply.
    It's your thread, take as long as you wamt

- Switched my Thirster' back to the character killer
    Why? I liked with the huge amount of attacks he had, but look, in the end, this guy can just be trial and error. If you don't like his setup, change it, no extra models or anything, so you're cool.

Mine has Awesome strength, so my list has something to take on big Monsters and such. He loses Armour of Khorne to get it though, so it's a tough trade off, but it payed off in my battle yesterday. I had a Draon flee away from me rather than engage me in combat, and he ran straight off the table.

List looks solid.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good list, but your 12 bloodletters group is not correct. It should be 150 points in stead of 126. So you have to change the list a bit :-) Don't know how you want to play it, but i guess it's best if you just drop the musicians (i'm not fan of musicians, so that's more my idea) and 1 bloodletter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebasz View Post
    Good list, but your 12 bloodletters group is not correct. It should be 150 points in stead of 126. So you have to change the list a bit :-) Don't know how you want to play it, but i guess it's best if you just drop the musicians (i'm not fan of musicians, so that's more my idea) and 1 bloodletter.
    Actually, it is correct. It's 12x the price of Bloodletter + the price to upgrade one Bloodletter to a musician, which is exactly 126 points. Check the army book for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Hey thanks again for all the responses. After 2 games (which I still lost but fun) I made some changes, see above, mainly on what I found.

- BT is so much more valuable with awesome strength to make dragons and treemen cry.

- Banner of sundering rocks

- Horrors did nothing for me so I just dropped them.

- Furies were defiantly beyond excellent warmachine hunters

Anyway tell me what you think of the revised list.
    Last edited by thedrifter777; November 7th, 2008 at 22:13.
    "Dare to be Naive"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Looking pretty good. I also like that BT setup - very hard guy

Drop the Firestorm blade on the Herald and pick up Armour of Khorne instead - this item is pretty much standard for a Herald of Khorne to get a 0+ sae on his jugger.

It's a good list - keep in min dyou have left yourself open to opponents magic, and thing like the Flamers and Furies will drop fast, without much of a dispel dice pool and no magic res on these units.

Well, give it a try and let us know
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread