2250 Tourney-style - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

2250 Tourney-style

I caught the tourney bug and though I'd whip up a Khorne/Tzeentch list to build towards.

Lords/Heroes
    Bloodthirster-Dark Insanity, Immortal Fury
    Herald of Tzeentch-chariot, Master of Sorcery, BSB
    Herald of Tzeentch-master of sorcery, daemonic robes
    Core
    Horrors-30, full command, Changeling, Icon of Sorcery
    Horrors-10
    Horrors-10
    Special
    Flesh Hounds-5
    Flesh Hounds-5
    Rare
    Flamers-4
    Flamers-4

Total-2243
    Models-72
    PD-11
    DD-8

Basically, the HoT on foot goes with the big horror unit to make a huge magical anvil, the smaller Horror units protect flanks, grab table quarters, and generally be annoying, the BT and Hounds eat things in combat, the Flamers blow stuff away, and the chariot Herald supports as needed.

What do you think?

Do you think I should drop a Flamer and Daemonic Robes in exchange for 5 Furies?

Also, where did everyone go? I think I broke the forum.

Last edited by ==Me==; October 17th, 2008 at 14:45.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i'm here if it's any consolation.

Pretty good list, why does the herald in the horror unit have the daemonic robes? I would have thought that if anything, the herald on chariot would need it more especially with the BSB. The horror in the herald unit shouldn't be hit by anything more than S5 anyway, The changeling would just challenge something like that. The unit might get charged by great weapons or such but it's not worth the 25pts for that.

I'd be inclined to downgrade the herald on chariot to just have wings, this means he can hide within units and such. Dropping daemonic robes and downgrading the chariot would give enough points for some furies. 2 units would be better though.

I'd be tempted to combine the flamers into one unit and then use these points to get another unit of furies.

After this you'd have 20pts (i think) which you could use as you wish, armour of khorne on the Bloodthirster or giving both heralds wings maybe?
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Unless you are looking for a different rare, I would say its best to keep the flamers split up. You can always have both units firing at the same enemy unit to get the effect of a combined group of 8. Or if the enemy has lots of fast cavalry then you can have each unit fire at something different.

So unless you are looking for a 2nd type of rare, it is just as effective and more flexible to split your flamers up into different groups.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread