2250 Tzeentch Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Tzeentch Competitive List

This is a list that I am trying to make for competitive play, and tournaments. I am trying to stick with the Tzeentch units, but if need be will add in Khorne. I do not want to use the other gods as I do not play them in 40K. Here is the list:

2250 Daemons of Chaos List

Lords and Heroes:

Fateweaver
    = 625

Blue Scribes
    = 81

Herald of Tzeentch, BSB, great standard of sundering, power vortex, winged horror
    = 240

Herald of Tzeentch, power vortex, winged horror
    =165

Core:

10x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, icon of sorcery
    = 135

= 135

= 135

= 135

= 135

Special:

6x Screamers of Tzeentch
    = 180

Rare:

4x Flamers of Tzeentch
    = 140

4x Flamers of Tzeentch
    = 140

Comments and criticisms are welcome. I am trying to make this list very competitive, so feel free to pull it apart.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

lol it's a banner free for all. you know that you have 6 banners in your army each worth a 100 VP's

nice list besides that it gives you loads of magic and some decent shooting but you will Get Hamerd in close Combat

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    lol it's a banner free for all. you know that you have 6 banners in your army each worth a 100 VP's

nice list besides that it gives you loads of magic and some decent shooting but you will Get Hamerd in close Combat

Cheers Jayz
    Actually, he won't. He has so much magic in there the spells will simply pass through, and the opponent's army will be fried before it crosses the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically that is what i was going for with this list. My thoughts were that no army, with the exeption of completely anti-magic dwarves has close to enough DD and DS to stop this list. If they hold their DD for the big spells then all of the horrors spells will get through. If they stop the horrors then the big stuff gets through. Most armies wont have more then 6-8 DD.

On a seperate note I am unsure of weather or not I should keep the screamers or get more flamers? The screamers do dammage and can act as a march blocking unit. Let me know what you all think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't change a single thing in the list. Definitely keep the Screamers, as they are wonderful march blocking tools, and they can even rid you of nasty warmachine, say if you encounter a dwarf army. You have more than enough of them to make it across the board and do some mischief in such a case.

The Flamers will toast anything that gets too near, leaving the rest (=majority ) of your army to focus on quality Tzeentch magic. This list will give many players quite a few headaches. I like it A LOT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have another question. Can you use the daemonic gift master of sorcery to get the full lore of Tzeentch for a Herald of Tzeentch? I thought that I heard that you could. If not, then is there any other way to get the full lore of Tzeentch for Heralds of Tzeentch? I would like to know so that I can get more PD for this list. If not then I will keep it the way it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well I don't know if it's been faq'ed yet but moust players take the wording of the gift that you learn all spell from the lore and you are allowed to pick any lore. so you can just choose lore of tzeentch.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked the Daemons of Chaos FAQ, and it is clear that you cannot use the master of sorcery Daemonic gift to pick the lore of Tzeentch. Also it says that Daemonic icons are just treated as magic items and so are not banners. This means that the list will stay the same unless someone finds any other errors. Also that I only have one banner, which makes me feel better. (Six hundred points extra is kind of rough.)
    Last edited by sephiroth00055; October 30th, 2008 at 21:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Yeah, the most recent errata for DoC finally put the master of sorcery issue to rest. If you take master of sorcery, you can either get all the spells from one of the eight normal lores, or you can randomly roll your two spells from the Lore of Tzeentch like normal.

Still a worthwhile gift to get for a HoT in my opinion.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree that it is a worthwhile gift. I also really like the power vortex gift as I can give the dice to Kairos. I played with the army this weekend and it performed spectacularly. We played 2250 points so I used this list exactly. It was against warriors of chaos. I ended up losing three of the horror squads and the herald that was not the BSB, while I tabled his army. The only reason that I lost the herald was because he cast fireball on him, which I did not dispel, and he got really lucky. (I was trying to conserve DD for his lord.) I also controlled three table quarters, but we did not think that it was nesesary to include them. The game went to the bottom of turn five. Overall I was quite impressed with the army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast