Rage and Disease at 1000 points - first shot at Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rage and Disease at 1000 points - first shot at Daemons

Hello,

I've been trying to come up with a good companion to Khorne, and settled on Nurgle. Starting small, I would like to build up my force, possibly adding a third god to the throng when I reach 2000 points. But the composition I had on my mind for now consists of:

Herald of Khorne
    Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade

Herald of Nurgle
    Lvl 1 mage
    Slime Trail, Stream of Bile

17 Bloodletters
    Musician, Herald goes here

10 Plaguebearers
    Musician, Herald goes here

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Houns

Total 1000 points.

Basically, I am a bit lost when it comes to Nurgle accompanying Khorne. I know exactly what to run with Khorne and Tzeentch, and quite possibly with Khorne and Slaanesh as well, but with Khorne and Nurgle, I just don't know.

One thing I am considering is swapping a unit of Hounds for another unit of Plaguebearers, but I already have two boxes of Hounds and really like them, so I probably want to utilize them as much as possible.

Any suggestions are highly welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you're busy reading this thread and not bothering to respond , I came up with another list:

Herald of Khorne
    Jugger, Armour of Khorne

6 Furies

14 Bloodletters
    Herald goes here

10 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

5 Flesh Hounds

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne

Total: 1006 points

I am 6 points over the limit, so I will need to cut something here. The idea is to run the Furies as screens for Bloodletters with Herald, who will march through the center with Plaguebearers at both of their flanks, and at Plaguebearers speed, up until at least half of the board. They will maintain space between themselves, but not enought to squeeze in a charge of any sort. Behind this solid block will run the Flesh hounds and Bloodcrushers. As soon as I reach a suitable charge distance, the Plaguebearers will widen the gap, allowing the Flesh Hounds and Bloodcrushers to charge through, and Furies will get out of Bloodletters' way, so that the unit can charge. Plaguebearers will then move on, guarding the Khorne's flanks or rear, while the Khorne units do their job.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

I'mn certainly liking the 2nd list. 1 Herald @ 1K is enough I think, for an army that usually ends up being small anyway.

I'm not sure about the tactical side of it - do you plan on charging head on with the Hounds and Crushers? I think they'll do better if you try and swing around the flanks of the enemy, and try to intercept enemy flanking cav, or flank the enemy themselves.

See how you go with bare PB's guarding your flank - I tend to use bigger units, or more durable ones (Horrors with a Herald are actually damn tough). They'll probably just be a speed bump as they are.

Nice list, and should do well. Crushers are always a gamble - more attacks, KB but less wounds. I thnk They are the ones that will need the Fury scrrening.

Now onto the whole Nurgle and Khorne combo thingo - I'm thinking you may have it back to front in terms of list effectiveness. Maybe go for a big block of PB's, and back it up with Khorne units. 20 PB's with Herald on Palaquin with Bloodletters and Fleshhounds at the flanks is nasty - The Ultimate Anvil with the Ultimate Hammer I think I've seen it called. Larger points level can abuse it more, with the inclusion of a GD's and more Fleshhounds, which are Key here.

See maybe think of it like that - Khorne and Nurgle combos are basicly your Hammer and Anvil style of play.

It's the right way around in terms of speed too - the flanking units will be faster than the main unit, not the other way around (Bloodletters supporting PB's work better for movement, as the PB's run straight at the enemy anyway)

Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; November 3rd, 2008 at 08:03.

+ Reply to Thread