2250 Khorne/Nurgle budget force. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

2250 Khorne/Nurgle budget force.

With America's growing economic troubles I have decided to get my Deamon project rolling for WHFB and 40k. Khorne I decided on early on for some killing power, due to the many MEQ armies for 40k, and tough elite armies in Fantasy. Nurgle is just my go-to god for enjoyment, and the staying power of Nurgle is very nice.

Because it's a hybrid army, some stuff is in the list that works better in 40k (Bloodcrushers of Khorne, though I enjoy the unit for Fantasy) to save on buying more stuff at the moment. Anyways here is the list, C&C is welcome just know I can't change all that much.

My only beefs are the Bloodthirster, who I can't decide on what he should do, and the lack of anti-magic though that is semi-neutered by the MR of the Khorne units.

Lord & Heroes:

Bloodthirster of Khorne: Dark Insanity, Armour of Khorne, Collar of Khorne- 535 Pts.

Herald of Khorne: Juggernaut of Khorne, Firestorm Blade, Armour of Khorne- 190 Pts.

Herald of Nurgle: Stream of Bile, Slime Trail- 150 Pts.

Core Troops:

12x Bloodletters of Khorne: Full Command- 174 Pts.

11x Plaguebearers of Nurgle: Full Command, Standard of Sleeping Decay- 187 Pts.

Special Troops:

5x Flesh Hounds of Khorne- X Pts.

2x Nurgling Swarms- X Pts.

Rare Troops:

3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne: Musician, St.Bearer, Skull Totem- 265 Pts.

3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne: Full Command- 260 Pts.

Total: 2250 Pts.

Stuff I didn't put that I have is a unit of 3x Beasts of Nurgle, 10x Horrors, and a GUO somewhere.

What I plan to pick up soon for both WHFB and 40k: A box of Furies, another unit of Plaguebearers, and possibly more Flesh Hound due to them being so great for Fantasy.

Last edited by Stunted_Merc; November 24th, 2008 at 03:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the fact that Khorne is dominant in the list. Plus no furies, this will get you screwed against shooty armies, big time.

Nurgle requires investment to work, and a unit of 11with full command and a standard is NOT going to cut it, even with the herald inside. Prepare yourself for losing this unit, along with the herald, early on, leaving the opponent with hefty VP.

I am unsure about the direction the Nurglings will go, and frankly, with this list, they seem to me like a wast of points. Get rid of them invest in some solid choice, that is, the Plaguebearers.

Then get the Furies. The next thing your opponent will shoot to bits is the Bloodcrushers, again giving him loads of free VP. Dark Elves in particular would have endless fun with it. So you need those furies to screen and harass, so that your beefy Khorne units can get into combat safely.

Finally, I don't like the Character setups either. Once you beef up the Plaguebearers, put your HoN on a palanquin. You HoK can do without the Firestorm Blade, but I guess you want a flaming weapon in there, so be it. Consider swapping one unit of Bloodcrushers for a 6-man unit of Flamers, if you want flaming attacks, though. Much better in this case. And finally, the Bloodthirster - he's not bad, but I'd consider swapping the Collar of Khorne for an Axe of Khorne - that way, you can go character hunting with ease, because you're bound to roll that 6 on at least one of your dice. You don't need the re-rolls to hit with his strength anyway.

Otherwise a nice concept, and have fun with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

While your suggestions are solid, I can't do anything to switch it around. Money is lacking for everyone in the states, and getting more of the requested stuff will take time. I also stated it wasn't the best list and was built with what I had, not what I will be getting (Other than the 'Crushers).

I do agree on the point of Plaguebearers, and along with Furies they will be my first pick up's after the Bloodcrushers. Since the only DElf player is me at the store, the only shooty lists I would have to worry about involves Empire and Dwarfs, both being rare to show up. I'm seeing my normal opponents being: OK, WoC, Lizzies, WE (Less shooty, more hand to hand type), O&G (H2H type), and a High Elf player.

Were swarms nerfed or something? Two small units running up to harrass the crap out of someone seems good to me, but maybe combining them into one unit would work better.

Like I stated before, I was iffy on the 'Thirster. The HoK doesn't seem neccessary in a unit of Bloodletters, and one mounted on a Juggy is a "Must have" in 40k so I figured him with a unit of Juggernauts would wreck shop, expensive as hell but can do alright. I'm in the process of figuring out how to make a Palaquin, since Epidemius runs for so much. I like my converted Nurgle Herald better and would like to give him a Palaquin I can mount him on.

The HoK's Blade gives a Strength boost (If I'm not mistaken) and Flaming attacks, which is nice when a Treeman or Troll comes a knocking. Plus it's cheap, and combined with the armour looks solid to me.

I should have seen the "Needs more Flamers" comment coming, but as of right now I don't feel like expanding beyond Khorne/Nurgle, it's a theme that works well enough.

-K
    Last edited by Stunted_Merc; November 24th, 2008 at 11:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    While your suggestions are solid, I can't do anything to switch it around. Money is lacking for everyone in the states, and getting more of the requested stuff will take time. I also stated it wasn't the best list and was built with what I had, not what I will be getting (Other than the 'Crushers).

I can understand. But the minimum investment of 2 boxes of Plaguebearers and 3 blisters of Furies would go a long way towards helping this list.

I do agree on the point of Plaguebearers, and along with Furies they will be my first pick up's after the Bloodcrushers. Since the only DElf player is me at the store, the only shooty lists I would have to worry about involves Empire and Dwarfs, both being rare to show up. I'm seeing my normal opponents being: OK, WoC, Lizzies, WE (Less shooty, more hand to hand type), O&G (H2H type), and a High Elf player.

That's good then, this makes the purchase not as mandatory immediately as it would normally make.

Were swarms nerfed or something? Two small units running up to harrass the crap out of someone seems good to me, but maybe combining them into one unit would work better.

I like the swarms - the models are great, and the swarms themselves are actually pretty fast. I just think that in a Khorne-heavy list, you're better of with (more) furies.

Like I stated before, I was iffy on the 'Thirster. The HoK doesn't seem neccessary in a unit of Bloodletters, and one mounted on a Juggy is a "Must have" in 40k so I figured him with a unit of Juggernauts would wreck shop, expensive as hell but can do alright. I'm in the process of figuring out how to make a Palaquin, since Epidemius runs for so much. I like my converted Nurgle Herald better and would like to give him a Palaquin I can mount him on.

I will be converting my HoN on a palanquin from Epidemius. A tad expensive, but it's currently the only option how to get it right fluffwise.

The HoK's Blade gives a Strength boost (If I'm not mistaken) and Flaming attacks, which is nice when a Treeman or Troll comes a knocking. Plus it's cheap, and combined with the armour looks solid to me.

Yes, it does. But with 6 Flamers, you can crank up potentially 36 Strength 5 Flaming shots, and this is nothing to scoff about. But that requires further investment, so yes, this may be a better option if money is a concern.

I should have seen the "Needs more Flamers" comment coming, but as of right now I don't feel like expanding beyond Khorne/Nurgle, it's a theme that works well enough.

Fair enough, you can do without them, but the list would be much more versatile. But anyway, do consider getting more PB's and Furies, they will help you a lot. Otherwise, a solid list, and have fun with it.

-K
    Comments in quoted text.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Hmm, I came off kinda like a jerk man, and I'm very sorry for that, you were just trying to help me.

I didn't know Furies came in blisters, that will probably be a first buy for me and I think another 10x box of Plaguebearers would be a good investment as well. Nurgle is more or less my favorite god to use in-game, since his troops have a great visual look and with the HoN can be one of the toughest units in the game.

I think I can get a deal on two blisters of Flamers, since they seem so versatile and powerful in both systems. Either that or I had an idea for a Flamer conversion using Bloodletters and green stuff.

Yeah I plan to convert up one of my extra Corpse Carts into a Palaquin, probably just take the corpses and a pillar and huzzah! It's done lol.

How many Plaguebearers do you think is the best amount for a unit? I was thinking 15x, or 14x with a Herald in there.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    With America's growing economic troubles I have decided to get my Deamon project rolling for WHFB and 40k. Khorne I decided on early on for some killing power, due to the many MEQ armies for 40k, and tough elite armies in Fantasy. Nurgle is just my go-to god for enjoyment, and the staying power of Nurgle is very nice.

Because it's a hybrid army, some stuff is in the list that works better in 40k (Bloodcrushers of Khorne, though I enjoy the unit for Fantasy) to save on buying more stuff at the moment. Anyways here is the list, C&C is welcome just know I can't change all that much.
    I'm right there with you bud, I've already had to offload a couple thousand points of marines and Skaven. Of course, ==My== Daemons are made entirely of sprues so that saves even more dough

My only beefs are the Bloodthirster, who I can't decide on what he should do, and the lack of anti-magic though that is semi-neutered by the MR of the Khorne units.
    BT can be equipped with fishsticks and still clean house. As for anti-magic, look no further than the Standard of Sundering.

Bloodthirster of Khorne: Dark Insanity, Armour of Khorne, Collar of Khorne- 535 Pts.

Herald of Khorne: Juggernaut of Khorne, Firestorm Blade, Armour of Khorne- 190 Pts.

Herald of Nurgle: Stream of Bile, Slime Trail- 150 Pts.
    The BT looks good, I prefer Obsidian Armor and a Firestorm Blade but it's hardly a deal-breaker. HoK looks solid. The HoN should be a BSB with the aforementioned Standard of Sundering, also giving him a Palanquin and level 1 mage would be good. Extra dispel dice, 6 more poisoned attacks, and the flag. For gifts, Slime Trail and Noxious Vapors are the way to go. He moves too slow to use the breath weapon, but making everyone in BtB always strike last combined with all those poisoned attacks is brutal.

You can do without the full command, a musician will do just fine. Use these guys to flank or hit weaker blocks.

11x Plaguebearers of Nurgle: Full Command, Standard of Sleeping Decay- 187 Pts.
    Bigger is better with Plaguebearers. I go for the full 20 with full command, stick the Herald in there and you have a unit that is virtually indestructible.

5x Flesh Hounds of Khorne- X Pts.
    Always good.

They're ok for march blocking and going after war machines, I prefer Furies though.

3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne: Musician, St.Bearer, Skull Totem- 265 Pts.

3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne: Full Command- 260 Pts.
    2 units of BCs is a lot, I'd keep them as cheap as possible and rely on smashing the enemy with kills (musician only, maybe a standard)

Stuff I didn't put that I have is a unit of 3x Beasts of Nurgle, 10x Horrors, and a GUO somewhere.
    BoN are neat for tying up skirmishers and soaking up firepower, Horrors provide cheap dispel dice, and the GUO is VPs your opponent will never see.

What I plan to pick up soon for both WHFB and 40k: A box of Furies, another unit of Plaguebearers, and possibly more Flesh Hound due to them being so great for Fantasy.
    That sounds like an excellent plan. Consider the plastic VC Ghouls or Zombies for cheap Plaguebearers or converting something up for them or Furies.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

That's a good call on the Ghouls, didn't think of them. I suppose with some converting, maybe my extra Beastmen heads, I can get like 40 more Plaguebearers out of that. Furies would be a little trickier, though I could use my Dire Wolves as Hounds of Khorne now that I think about it.

Also if anyone calls foul, you can just say "It's Chaos" and that solves all of life's problems. Well, not all of them.

With both of your suggestions I will revise the list.

-K
    Last edited by Stunted_Merc; November 25th, 2008 at 15:59.

+ Reply to Thread