1000 Daemons First list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Daemons First list

Ok, so I have read the rulebook once through and re-read a few parts and re skimmed the rest, plus I have played 40k a lot so I get the general idea. I decided to put together a Tzeentch/Slaanesh list and see what people think. So here goes...

Blue Scribes
    The Masque
    Herald of Tzeentch + Flames of Tzeentch

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch + Changling, Standard Bearer, Banner of Change
    2x10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
    12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh + Musician, Standard Bearer, Siren Standard

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

6 Flamers of Tzeentch +Pyrocaster

Does this look good at all? I wanted to make a Tzeentch only list, though I don't have enough horrors to do much more than this right now(have 3 more after this list).
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newsun View Post
    Ok, so I have read the rulebook once through and re-read a few parts and re skimmed the rest, plus I have played 40k a lot so I get the general idea. I decided to put together a Tzeentch/Slaanesh list and see what people think. So here goes...

Blue Scribes
    The Masque

4 Screamers of Tzeentch

Does this look good at all? I wanted to make a Tzeentch only list, though I don't have enough horrors to do much more than this right now(have 3 more after this list).
    Edit/Delete Message

ok frist take all that crap of that one unit of horrors and just give the hot some wings that way he can either bunny hope between the units ass they thin out or fly away from danger, second never under estimate the power of having master of sorcery, being able to choose what lore he will use at the start of the game is an extremley valuble asset to posses.
    second what is the masques function? you have blue scribes but only one wizard, what if the unfortunate where to happen and the wizard dies? unless you really need to play of the leadership of your enemies to make your plan work their are simply better options.
    thirdly you have twice the core choices that you require? and 3 of the are horrors, try 2 units of horrors and more frontline troops maybe even try some flesh hounds, they really rock.
    lastely really think about how you will need to deploy terrain in order to get your screamers into a good starting position, you may need to reasses their numbers.

a general outline of you battle plan would help us help you better for now i hope this helps you.

cheers, may your victories shatter the bones of you enemys who would hear them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Blue Scribes
    The Masque
    Blue Scribes works much better in larger games when he can generate lots of dice for you, I'd leave them at home. The Masque is an excellent disruption unit and can do some damage all her own. The Tzeentch Herald really needs Master of Sorcery to make him a solid caster, and Flames of Tzeentch can be replaced with wings.

Command on Horrors is a bad idea, they exist to try to cast flickering fire, take up core slots, and provide dispel dice. The only time I'd take command is with a large unit (30 ish) to be ==My== primary caster. Small units of Daemons don't need anything beyond a musician as you don't want to give up easy VPS for your standard.

4 Screamers of Tzeentch
    Good

Pyrocaster is unnecessary, otherwise good.

A Tzeentch/Slaanesh army is all about avoiding the enemy with speed/spells, whittling them down and crushing them with Slaaneshi stuff. I'd give your Herald the Icon of Great Despair to go with the Masque's ability. Fear tests on -2Ld or worse is horrible for most armies. Beef up your Daemonettes (18 or so, standard, musician, Siren Standard) and pick up 5 Furies. Your Tzeentch Herald can flies around with his bubble of Ld lowering, the Masque does the same, and your army blows them away with magic/shooting or scares them off the table.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread