My current list. 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current list. 2k

Here is my current list I've been playing casual games with. My opponents are always different so theres no particular genre or army i constantly face. Plus the people round here dont care too much about Named Characters so no need to worry about that either =]

Kairos Fateweaver
    (Simply because I think he's awesome. Thisused to be a Bloodthirster but the lack of magic and the extra dispel dice have been proving real useful recently)

Herald Of Khorne
    -BSB ; Great Banner of Sundering
    -Juggernaut
    -Armour of Khorne
    (Most lists i face usually include wizards, its rare that i dont, so this always helps out I figured a 0+ AS would be good protection for this guy)

Herald of Khorne
    -Etherblade
    (This guy usually goes with his unit and hopefully attempt to deal with the armoured foes, choas knights, dragonprinces, empire knights ye know, quite a number of guys like this around)

Bloodletters of khorne x12
    -Full Command
    (Herald here)

Bloodletters of khorne x 12
    - Full Command
    (Herald here)

Bloodletters of khorne x12
    - Full Command
    (Just the usual troops here, although recently iv been getting frustrated with their T3 and units getting shot alot on way up turn 1 / 2.)

Flamers of Tzeentch x 3
    (Right so these guys; maybe its because i only use 3, or maybe my dice rolls just suck, but these guys rarely, if ever, do anything worthwhile for me, any advice on how they should actually be played? )

Flesh hounds of khorne x 5

Flesh hounds of khorne x 5
    (These guys are just real good. Dont see reason not to include them )

total: 2000points.

So this is my current build. As i said Kairos used to be a BT, and ive found ive been having more success with Kairos awesome magic than the BT's CC prowess.

Anyone any tips on what to do to edit it all? I was thinking maybe replacing a B'letter unit with daemonette's, would this work?
    I'd love to include Horrors but i just cant get the models at the present time.

The list has performed well so I cant complain but I'm always looking for ways to improve it.

Presently Im using the models i Have, which also include a BT; 3 Bloodcrushers, 10 furies (which id love to fit in) and daemonettes

I dont really care if a list is cheesey or not, most of my opponents dont either as we're all just casual gamers really looking to win when we play lol

Any tips or advice would be welcome thanks ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Etherblade on a Khorne Herald is redundant, he's S6 with killing blow after all Another Jugger and Armor of Khorne would work fine, Firestorm Blade if you need some extra punch.

You don't need musicians in your units, you can't flee and will rarely tie. Also, if you have a Jugger Herald, bump up to 14 so you can go 6x3 for more attacks and ranks. If a normal Herald, 11, 13, or 17 work fine. More attacks are always good.

Run Flamers up a flank and harass the enemy with their missile weapons. They can even go after war machines and enemy skirmishers, and don't be afraid of fighting since they have S5.

Some Furies would come in handy here. You can drop the command groups to pick some up. A bloodreaper is a good pick, but standards aren't always needed since you're so fighty.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

My biggest concern is that although Kairos is a decent magic user, (he is no Teclis, but nevermind ), you have no magical back up for him, meaning against someone with a decent magic defence, none of your spells will be going through, unless you are fortunate enough to have a double 6.

That said, he does improve your magical defence by chucking you dispel dice to add to your magical resistance. I just can't see what he is adding really beyond that. If you were to drop him back to a BloodThirster, then the spare points could go towards some furies, helping your survivability vs shooting armies.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean =ME= , its been proving less useful than id like to have the etherblade on him.

I never really thought about the music in the list, I guess i'm just so used to taking command groups it never occured to me.
    With standards, I used to give them all IoEW when I ran a BT list without flamers. But i really see your point so im definietly going to try that out.

Ninja; Ive been rethinking my list and Kairos and come to the same conclusion as you. I think i might hold him out until i get some horrors at least. been up against some mage empire lists and teclis lists and im just not getting the most out of my magic with just him, and his stats dont really make himt hat much better for combat support.

I think I'll go back to the BT for a bit. Whats the recommended build for the BT; I usually take Ob Armour, firestorm and immortal fury. was thinking about maybe spellbreaker though?

I havent had a lot of luck with my bT though, I think Im just using him all wrong to be honest. I usually try to get him into a flank at least but i guess i just need more practise with him.
    I dont really fancy throwing him into the front of a unit, at least not by himself anyway.
    Thoughts?

Thanks for advice so far

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well, as far as your BloodThirster goes, I would suggest the following build:

BloodThirster: 505pts
    Immortal Fury
    Armour of Khorne
    Collar of Khorne

It is quite a cheap build and very capable of doing horrendous damage, on average 6 attacks will hit, probably killing quite a few. I would push him into a flank of a troop unit, where he can remove ranks and kill without being touched.

If he does this, on average he should beat a unit with a standard command by a combat res of 4-5 meaning he should break them. Flushes down the line, breaking unit after unit, until he comes across something harder :p

Hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread