Librarium Online Forums banner

Exterminatus GT 2250 Daemon List

886 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackSheep 
#1 ·
Here is my list for the GT coming up on Saturday and Sunday.
C&C requested and appreciated!

Herald of Tzeentch :: General
Master of Sorcery

Herald of Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaut, Obsidian Armour
BSB, Banner of Unholy Victory

The Blue Scribes

CORE:

30 Horrors
Music/Std
Icon of Sorcery

20 Bloodletters
Full Command
Banner of Endless War

10 Horrors
Musician

SPECIAL:

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Hounds

6 Screamers

RARE:

6 Flamers

I would appreciate any comments on this list as well as comments on tactics using this army.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lose both musicians and you can add an iridescent Horror to the big unit. Use him for challenging and protecting your general.

I'd also split the Screamers into 2 units of 3.

You could drop 1 Flamer to give one Herald Winged Horror. Lets them go where they're needed and offers extra protection.

Overall, it looks solid. You have good magic, solid combat blocks, Flesh Hounds, and good disruption units.

#3 ·
I hadn't thought of splitting the Screamers. That's actually a very good idea. Thanks!

About the general and challenging. If someone issues a challenge, I just refuse and since he's the only model that cna accept, he goes to the back. This way my general stays alive and my horrors get to keep their 4+ ward because he won't die. What disadvantages are there to doing it this way? I don't see any, honestly.

#9 ·
About the general and challenging. If someone issues a challenge, I just refuse and since he's the only model that cna accept, he goes to the back. This way my general stays alive and my horrors get to keep their 4+ ward because he won't die. What disadvantages are there to doing it this way? I don't see any, honestly.
The way most people get around this is by being intelligent. Unless, they are warriors of chaos they will simply not challenge and proceed to kick the crap out of the herald unless that 4+ brie save is on overtime. Moreover, you do not keep the 4+ monterey save if the herald is in the back as any benefits from the char are lost.

Also gratz on getting "I have the most battle points" award, well done sir. I'm sorry common sense won't let me type in best gen... *g-word* on the demon forums. ;)

#4 ·
UPDATE: I played the first 2 rounds of the Exterminatus today, won 2 and lost 1 I have 48-50 (Ruling pending on 2 points) points and stand a realistic chance of placing 1st or 2nd tomorrow if I can pull off two wins. :dance:

The list is performing well, although screamers haven't done much, but that's okay, I play them because they are nifty models and I like the fluff.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can pull off the wins tomorrow! Wish me luck! :pray:

#5 ·
Another update...

The tourney ended today and I finished as 1st General and also won an award for Dwarven Spellcasting for Rolling 2 turns of flaming Tzeentchian magic against a Throgg/Kholek regenerating troll horde army and not wounding once. Overall I'm very happy! :dance:

(Also, 300th post woot!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.