Yet another new player to the Daemons (2500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another new player to the Daemons (2500)

I'm pretty new to Warhammer and I play with a small group of friends. One plays Vamps one plays Dark Elves, one plays Warriors of Chaos, and then there is me... I started with Orcs and Goblins in January but switched to Daemons last night and threw together a quick army list not knowing much about them. I went up against the Dark Elves who had a pretty detailed list and held my own for quite some time now if anyone could help me adjust my list it would be extremely helpful!

Lord:
    Bloodthirster w/ Awesome Strength & Immortal Fury - 550
    Heroes:
    Skulltaker on Juggernaut - 200
    Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut w/ Obsidian Armour - 200
    Core Units:
    Bloodletters 25 w/ musician, standard, reaper - 330 x3
    Special Units:
    Fleshhounds 4 w/ Karanak - 215
    Rare:
    Bloodcrushers 5 - 350 (I should have gone only 4 and had 2 units of 2)

2505 was my total points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

What do you do against magic?

Awesome Strength is too expensive, I prefer the Firestorm Blade and Obsidian Armor.

Stick the Sundering Banner on your Kherald, you could use the extra magic defense.

Big blocks of Bloodletters are nice, but you should focus on getting more attacks than SCR. 18 has worked well for ==Me==, 6 wide for maximum attacks and 2 ranks help a lot. Musicians you can do without as you'll never flee.

Dogs are nice, though you still need the minimum of 5 before Karanak.

Crushers are mean, look into the Skull Totem.

Very hitty, but light on the magic defense. MR and Sundering Banner will help there.

I'd also look into some Furies to give you cheap bait, missile screens and war machine hunters.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I was kinda taking magic to the face, however my buddy is the worst dice roller I have ever seen so he only got 2 spells off and I made a good 65% of my ward saves, he had his archers and his reaper bolt throwers on a hill and was already hitting my BT so I got alittle pissed and started charging everything in sight to keep from getting hit by the bolt throwers.

Not gunna lie re-rolling all my to hits and wounding on 2s with awesome strength was beastly, I made his hydra my little pet.

As for the Sundering banner, like I said I'm new to the game, I really don't know what each army draws off of for their magic IE: what do Dark Elves use so I have a good chance of picking the lore they are using..

And I did 4 Fleash Hounds + Karanak to make the unit 5 strong, or do I have to take 5 + Karanak? either way I was planning on more hounds... they are very beasty.

The musicians helped me out last night in 2 ties so I didn't have to take the instability test but it was against his lord so his leadership was through the roof anyway so yeah I could probably drop them..

I appreciate the help I will deffinetly look into widening my letters and drop the number on them and furies (had he not been on a hill) would have been awesome.

His assassin one shotted my Herald, I should have put him after his lord the Chill Blade worked Skulltaker something aweful.

Anywho, thanks again for your help I'm heading back to the drawing board I'll post an updated list soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

The Sundering Banner picks the lore it affects after deployment, and your opponent picks his lores before deployment, so you can react to his choices.

S10 or not, the Hydra still has Regen. With the Firestorm Blade you ignore Regen and still have a -4ASM. Very dead Hydra. Plus, you can fit in Obsidian Armor to negate his magic weapons.

Musicians are points filler for ==Me==, they have a use but often I can find a better place for the points.

Dogs would be 5+Karanak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so, I looked around a bit and this is what I came up with...

Lord:
    Bloodthirster w/ Dark Insanity, Immortal Fury, & Armour of Khorne - 545
    Heroes:
    Skulltaker on Juggernaut - 200
    Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut BSB Sundering w/ Etherblade - 275
    Core Units:
    Bloodletters 18 w/ standard and reaper - 240 x3
    Chaos Furies 5 - 60 x2
    Special Units:
    Flesh Hounds 5 w/ Karanak (total of 6 bases) 250
    Rare:
    Bloodcrushers 3 w/ reaper 230
    Bloodcrushers 2 w/ reaper 160

Here's the new list if you wouldn't mind going over it and letting me know what you think again that would be awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Looks good. I would stick with Obsidian Armor on your Kherald though, he is S6 anyway and could use the protection.

+ Reply to Thread