1800 Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1800 Tourney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1800 Tourney

Hey all, ==Me== here.

I've got a tourney coming up in 2 weeks, 1800 points. Points level seems weird, but the TO wants to steer clear of Lords. I'm deciding between Skaven and Daemons, so I'm looking for some input here.

Heroes
    Herald of Tzeentch-chariot, Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch or Spell Breaker
    Herald of Tzeentch-chariot, Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch or Spell Breaker
    Herald of Nurgle-level 1, Palanquin, Noxious Vapors, Slime Trail, BSB, Banner of Unholy Victory (+D3 CR)

Core
    Plaguebearers-16, plagueridden, standard, Icon of Eternal Virulence
    Horrors-10
    Horrors-10

Special
    Flesh Hounds-5
    Flesh Hounds-5

Rare
    Flamers-5, pyrocaster

Total-1796

Basically, I have an uber anvil, 2 flying chariots, 9PD, 7DD, flamers and Khorne dogs. ==My== concern is the slowness of the PBs, high priority targets like Hounds and the relative survivability of the chariots. Not sure what I'd do against a Dragon, beyond Hunter's Spear or massed Flamer fire.

Thoughts?

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Hmmm, tough to give advice on such an odd point size.

I can't help but think that your biggest area for change would be in your heroes.

#1. In a tourney environment I would drop the chariots and take Heralds of Tzeentch with Wings and MoS and PV. My reason is that Heralds of Tzeentch are fantastic casters and they are especially deadly with MoS. This sits in direct contrast with them being on Chariots and charging into combat where their casting will be limited. You already have hounds, you really don't need your casters to serve as hammer units as well. If you still want Spell Breakers just mount your Heralds on disks (though this will cost you the 360 degree casting that wings would give you).

#2. I've never been impressed with Pyrocasters. I would drop it and use your spare points from your heroes to get a 6th regular flamer. It is better to roll more d6's than it is to have one of those d6's have a slightly better chance of hitting.

#3. Get a squad of Furies (god I'm such a broken record). In a tourney these guys are great for march blocking/war machine hunting/capturing that empty table quarter for an extra 100vp. The also offer good synergy with MoS Heralds.

Your big weakness is going to be the slowness of your PB contrasted with the speed of the rest of your army. You are going to have to dance with your hounds to keep them from getting killed until such time as your PB's are ready to hit something.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do against a dwarf gunline?
    The dwarfs I usually play against have 1 or 2 less DD than you have PD.
    So the'll block very many spells and then shoot your Heralds out of the way with cannons and start thundering/quarreling on the rest of your army.
    Before the fleshounds reach the quarrellers/thundereres they'll be shot twice wich is enough for a fleshhound unit to go down.
    You might just get in trouble against gunlines.
    Flamers would do a LOT of damage so they are a really important unit.
    Against ogre's or sorts of stuff you'd be able to fry them and the big charge on your plaguebearers won't mind if the fleshhounds get the flank.
    A really hard list but gunlines or cannons might be a problem.
    And just as bonzi said: Furies are always good.
    Furies are the cure for gunline disease.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by war of fantasy; April 28th, 2009 at 12:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Gunlines don't worry ==Me== much. That just means they sit nice and still waiting for ==My== army to get there.

I think I may swap out the chariots for some Furies or Seekers and see how they work out. It bears testing, as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But one turn of the average dwarven gunline shooting is going to kill about 3 fleshhounds per unit and then there is nothing fast that can take the gunline down.
    Even pb's have a hard time against 2-3 cannons and about 30 thunderers/quarrellers shooting them.
    What was your plan on handeling them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Terrain, deployment, flyers and magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Not sure what I'd do against a Dragon
    You shouldn't have to worry about that if there are no lords allowed. I don't think any heroes can take a dragon.

As far as the rest goes, maybe dump the chariots and Pyro for wings and some Furies. That's about all I can suggest.

+ Reply to Thread