1000pts list keeps losing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts list keeps losing

I just started fantasy daemons a week ago and kept losing and need help, so here's my list:

HEROES

HoT
    Master of Sorc, Spell Break

HoS
    Lv1, Many armed Monstrosity

CORE

19 Horrors
    Icon of Sorc

10 Daemonettes
    Musician, Siren Standard

RARE

3 Flamers
    Pyrocaster

Beast of Nurgle

Any suggestions

Last edited by nhshaw; July 26th, 2009 at 08:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Your army is quite divided, which is what I'd say your problem is. The smaller the game, the more focused you want your list to be.

For a start, 19 horrors aren't that much more useful than 10-12 - you're not getting the extra level (whose spell isn't that great). So I'd suggest dropping a few of them as well as their standard.

That should give you around 100pts to play with. I'd suggest you drop the pyrocaster on the flamers (he's a luxury) and the beast of nurgle then get either some Seekers or Flesh Hounds - that gives you a fast flanking unit to give your opponent something to worry about since right now you have a fairly slow army with limited tactical options.

If you're not too worried about magic, the extreme next step would be to swap your Tzeentch Herald and horrors for a Slaanesh Herald and Daemonetters and go all out.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After considering your advice i re-wrote my list, tell me what u think:

HEROES

HoT
    Master of Sorc, Spell Breaker

HoS
    Lv1, Many armed Monstrosity

CORE

13 Horrors
    Icon of sorc, changeling

10 Daemonettes
    Musician, Siren Standard, Alluress

SPECIAL

5 Flesh Hounds
    Karanak

RARE

3 Flamers
    Pyrocaster

I can't take any heralds out which would take away the horrors 4+ ward, plus being a low level the horrors have a 50/50 chance of casting their spell so i don't think ill drop the icon, also with the few extra points I added the changeling, an alluress, and kept the pyrocaster.
    Last edited by nhshaw; July 26th, 2009 at 12:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also started like 2 months ago, but haven't played tzeentch and slaanesh yet,
    but I'd drop the Karanak, the pyrocaster and the changeling.
    This should give you an extra 150pts you can spend on either a unit horrors (if u want magic), daemonettes (for extra attacking power) or some extra flamers (for shooting).
    Or if you also drop some horrors from you first unit, you could get an extra unit of flesh hounds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ebichu View Post
    but I'd drop the Karanak, the pyrocaster and the changeling.
    Agreed. Karanak just isn't worth the points. You can get a similar level of effectiveness just by getting two more hounds (which would be 15pts cheaper!). I agree with ebichu's general advice - use these points to increase the power of the units you have through numbers (10 daemonettes won't last too long, for example).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay changes have been made I tried this army 3 times, won once. so please tell me what you think:

HEROES

HoT
    Master of Sorc, Spell Breaker

HoS
    Lv1, Many armed monstrosity

CORE

18 Horrors
    Icon of Sorc

10 Daemonettes

SPECIAL

5 Flesh Hounds

RARE

3 Flamers

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list seems nice, though, i have some remarks.
    Your list contains almost all aspects from the game:
    descent magic, descent shooting and some combat units.
    I think you should either concentrate more on attacking, or on standing ground and get more shooting/magic.
    I mean, if your playing aggressive with your combat units, your shooting and magic wont have many targets left due to the enemy units being in close combat.
    I think its better to either switch to more combat, or to more magic/shooting.
    I'd get like 2 units of horrors and some extra flamers instead of the hounds or daemonettes.
    Personally, I'd drop the daemonettes and keep the hounds. You should hold your ground and let your enemy come to you. Concentrate magic/shooting on the same units. When the enemy is close enough, this is the time where your going all in for close combat. Charge them in from with horrors and flamers, taking advance of your charge bonusses, and have the flesh hounds support them in with a flank charge.

+ Reply to Thread