First list, pointing towards 2250 tourneys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

First list, pointing towards 2250 tourneys

Hello everyone, I am mostly a 40k player, but have decided that fantasy looks pretty sweet. I have a horrendous amount of daemons, and have decided switching the bases is the easiest way to get into this game,

Here is what I am thinking about playing-

General
    Great Unclean One 670
    Balesword
    Noxious Vapors
    Lvl 4 Wizard

Heroes
    Herald of Slaanesh 190
    Many Armed
    Wizard

Herald of Slaanesh 190
    Many Armed
    Wizard

Herald of Nurgle 240
    Palanquin
    Wizard
    Nurgle's Rot
    Slime Trail

15 PlagueBearers 235
    Full command
    Icon of Eternal Virulence

15 Daemonettes 235
    Full Command
    Siren Standard

15 Daemonettes 235
    Full Command
    Siren Standard

Special
    5 Flesh Hounds 250
    Karanak

I believe i get 9 power dice, which from what I understand is the upper end of the standard amount for a friendly, balanced army. The lore of nurgle looks pretty sweet. from the way I look at this army, it looks like it would be pretty easy to beat if you ran decent artillery, anything with a breath weapon, or any magic defense at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I run pure Nurgle, so a few finer points on that.

I wouldn't make the GUO more than a lvl 3. Nurgle spells can be good, but because almost all of them revolve around S or T checks, they have a highly variable level of usefulness. The only two you're really looking for are Miasma of Pestilence and Rancid Visitation as both can do something useful even if your opponent passes his stat checks. Otherwise, the Balesword and Vapors combo makes him a beast against anything but infantry blocks (don't forget to add the +2 strength for his flail in the first round of combat)

The herald of Nurgle would fair better with vapors as well for two reasons. First, you'd be suprised how good 6 poisoned attacks from the palanquin and 3 from the herald are at killing models before they can attack. Second, you garauntee that anyone hitting the herald is going last which means you get regeneration saves for the whole combat increasing the odds of victory even if you lose him. I'd probably beef up the plaguebearers a little as well, but 15 will still be good times.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread