What would you build with this? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

What would you build with this?

Just got my free daemon army from GW yesterday (prize from 'Ard Boyz Semi-Finals) and I am wondering what sort of army to make with the models I have.

Heres what I got that will work in WHFB (the Chaos marine daemon prince and 2 soul grinders being 40k only).

Bloodthirster
    4 boxes of bloodletters (40.)
    3 boxes of daemonettes (30.)
    4 boxes of Plaguebearers (20.)
    2 boxes of Horrors (10.)
    5 Blood Crushers

I will be buying some flamers as well as they look frakkin great in both games. I have 9 old chaos hounds I could use as Flesh hounds until I get the models. I plan on using 1 box of Daemonettes to make seekers of slaanesh (or fiends in 40k).

So what would you do?

Last edited by Gardeth; September 2nd, 2009 at 19:19. Reason: Brackets vs smileys craziness.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Well, herald-led units of Plaguebearers and Bloodletters are the staple of almost every army. Usually you only need 16-18 in a unit though. Your bloodcrushers make great heralds on juggernauts.

Hounds and flamers are ridiculously good for their point cost. Bloodthirster is a one-man army-killer by himself.

To be honest ~ what do you want to do? I've converted my entire army because the DoC models are all so hideous. i'd probably sell 3/4 of the lot and buy convert your army from the proceeds.

You've got more than enough to make an army with what you have there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

I was thinking of trading in the horrors and using Dryads as horrors. I am planning on making Seekers of Slaanesh out of goblin spiders and daemonette torsos (spider centaurs). I do like the hound models, though I have to admit I like the old "bird head" flamers better. then the current ones.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

funny, I'm using dryads as my plaguebearers. I built a custom palaquin out of trees and branches (it's like a killer bush that my plague herald is perched on)

I used gors as my tzeentch horrors

custom temple guard as my flamers

Was thinking of using spiders as my hounds, but might use converted chaos hounds (love the new plastic models) I wanted a beasty theme I guess.

+ Reply to Thread