2250 Pure Tzeentch (2 Clicks away from buying whole army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

2250 Pure Tzeentch (2 Clicks away from buying whole army)

As the thread title says, I'm going for an all Tzeentch Daemons army. All I have to do is press the go-to-checkout button for GW and Forgeworld and its done. Originally wanted to get on a Khornate Orcs and GOblins army, but that was going to cost way too much, so I went for my cheapest army idea, which I have dubbed SPACE INVADERS. Basically using Tyranid Spore Mines for Horrors, rippers for flamers and charters, and the Forgeworld Meiotic Spore for the big guy. Anyways, here's the list.

XXX Kairos

XX Blue Scribes

165 Herald of Tzeentch, flames of tzeentch, master of sorcery

165 Herald of Tzeentch, flames of tzeench, master of sorcery

415 30 Horrors, full command, banne of change

463 30 Horrors, changeling, standard bearer, musician, banner of change

157 10 Horrors, banner of change

175 5 Flamers

Not really a friendl list at all. Then again, I don't know if you can make a 'friendly' Tzeentchi daemons list. (Though dropping Kairos and the scribes could be a start )

Any input on this list is appreciated. I'll probably wait a a week or so more before I buy it, but I'm still open to opinions.

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

get winged horror on those heralds.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Well, my original intent for the two heralds is to put them in the big blocks of horrors to give them each a 4++ ward save. That way, those really expensive and vital units have more lasting power. If I add winged horror to them, would you suggest replacing flames of Tzeentch or master of sorcery? Also, what role do you suggest for them if they have winged horror, as no doubt they wouldn't be suited for staying in the blocks of infantry?
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Replace Flames, With winged horror they become mobile harrassment magic blasting machines. Very versatile in comparison.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

You're probably right there. It's the job I inteded for the Blue Scribes, but having one or two more do that would be better, so long as the opponent doesn't having a lot of shooting. Also, as their base sizes would be the same either way, I can use your suggestion for most fights, reverting back to bunkers for when single flyer units can get taken down too easily.

*Probably will be buying army Saturday or Sunday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a list i came across which i saw in action. It did very well vs an orc army dispite getting the miscast that ends the magic phase on his first spell.

Kairos
    625pts

Herald of Tzeentch: Master of Sorcery, Disc of Tzeentch
    160pts

Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

30 Horrors of Tzeentch: Standard Bearer, Banner of Change
    397pts

30 Horrors of Tzeentch: Standard Bearer, Banner of Change
    397pts

10 Horrors of Tzeentch: Musican
    126pts

10 Horrors of Tzeentch: Musican
    126pts

5 Flamers of Tzeentch

The Total coming in at 2239pts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

Thanks for the input Virus.

Well, if the rumors hold true and the magic phased is changed, an all-Tzeentch list will be ridiculously nerfed (of course, it probably needed to be). For those of you who haven't seen, magic will be generated 2d6 ever turn, dispel the highest of those two. Not only this, but rumors hold that HQ can only make up 25% of the list in points. So yeah... since I've bought the models, I'm going to try to stick it out and do some massive changes. I'd like to hear what people think assuming the rumor for 8th edition prove true

Herald of Tzeentch w/ master of socercy, winged horror
    160 points

Herald of Nurgle w/ noxious vapors, slime trail
    165 points

Herald of Nurgle w/ noxious vapors, slime trail
    165 points

25 Plaguebearers w/ full command, standard of seeping decay
    355 points

25 Plaguebearers w/ full command, standard of seeping decay
    355 points

15 Daemonetters w/ full command, siren standard
    235 points

15 Daemonettes w/ full command, siren standard
    235 points

2x6 Furies
    XXX points

2x6 Flesh Hounds
    XXX points

Total 2234 points (just enough to fit one more daemon wherever.

So here's my thinking on it. First off, pink horrors would be pretty much worthless. The single herald of tzeentch can do all the magic. Since all Tzeentch is out the window, I may as well get a mix. Plaguebearers with heralds of nurgle are tough as nails. Furies can run interference. Flesh Hounds can work as heavy cav, and the daemonettes add numbers plus units that can deal with hordes.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks huh, i was considering an all tzeentch army myself till i say the new magic rules.
    I think im gunner stick with my lizardmen now :/
    However the heralds of tzeentch can now be more usefull than ever. Assuming the rumers are true, the 8 base lores of magic are becoming seriosly beefed up.
    Iv had a lood at some of the rumerd spells on warseer, some of them are amazing.
    So a herald of Tzeentch with master of sorcery is now a force in its own.

140pts for a lv 2 wizard who knows all the spells in a lore of his choise.
    Go look up some of the new spells

So in short if the rumers are true:

You want 2-3 wizards who are not in units all using different lores (horrable 'Lost control' magic table)
    And
    Close combat models with high I or T with a good few ranks. (Coz combat is I order. do u want to strike first?)

At first i was very disapointed by some of the things i heard, but the new powerful magic
    is keeping my Slaan and Skink Priest in interest.

Best of luck to you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So units wise IMO:
    2 Herald of Tzeentch, disc, master of sorcery
    Blue Scribes

Plenty of Khorne Bloodletters

A few Seekers of Slaanesh

Some Bloodcrushers of Khorne (These are good!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then Again the list u got there is fine, maby swap a nurgle herald for a tzeentch herald.

+ Reply to Thread