<3000 3k Daemons 8th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3k Daemons 8th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k Daemons 8th

LORD
    Lord of change
    level 4
    power vortex
    master pf sorcery

HEROES
    H of khorne
    bsb
    standard of chaos glory
    armour of khorne

H of khorne
    juggernaut
    soul hunger

H of Nurgle
    palanquin
    level 1
    noxious vapours

CORE
    40 bloodletters
    command
    icon of endless war

40 pink horrors
    command
    banner of change

21 plaguebearers
    command
    icon of eternal virulence

SPECIAL
    5 flesh hounds

5 seekers of slaanesh
    command
    siren standard

3k exactly i think, opinions? orughly 115 models

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly I'd try and squeeze the extra points in and take Kairos, he's just a much better option IMO and doesn't cost much more than the LoC you've got here.

Standard of Chaos Glory is really expensive, I'd rather take Sundering or Icon of Despair, Daemons are beastly in combat and shouldn't be taking many break tests anyway if you play your game right.

I'm not a fan of Plaguebearers really, unless you take Epidemius. If you're putting the mounted Heralds in the units of Bloodletters/Plaguebearers they won't benefit from a Look Out Sir! roll and can also be shot at since the troop types do not match. Noxious Vapours is filth against High Elves though, so definitely keep that unit if you're fighting them, but drop the Palanquin/Juggernaut. Can't really argue with the rest of the core choices, maybe split the Bloodletters into two units of 20?

5 Seekers without a herald isn't going to get you very far at all, and they are really expensive for what you get, if you're up against anything with higher initiative they will just get shredded in the first round of combat, Seekers are much better in larger units with a Herald.

Flesh Hounds are always a good choice, not quite as good as they were in 7th though since bigger units will be attacking back with full attacks regardless of many models you ate in the first round, which makes them quite squishy now

Drop the Seekers and get yourself some Flamers, with march & shoot they are by far one of the better choices for Daemons in 8th. Big units of Flamers is loads of fun, with D6 S4 shots each they are pretty tasty.

A single Fiend or unit of Furies make for good warmachine hunters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

I Highly recomend a Tzerald with Lore of Life for the horrors because a 4+ ward save makes them stupidly resistant to punishment and you get to bring back casualties.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    I Highly recomend a Tzerald with Lore of Life for the horrors because a 4+ ward save makes them stupidly resistant to punishment and you get to bring back casualties.
    This. Not to mention Lore of Life is generally an awesome Lore for Daemons. Toughness 7 Bloodletters anyone?

+ Reply to Thread