>3000 5K SoM List (6.25k) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5K SoM List (6.25k)

So, I’m about to play my first SoM game with a grand army, 5k plus 1250 from SoM. Below is the list I intend to use. The idea is to use the Masque and the BSB with the Great Icon of Despair to get on the enemy's flank fast and start knocking their LD into the dirt while the KoS with the Fiends take full advantage of the lowered LD to hit the flank hard and hopefully start causing some early panic. Meanwhile on the other flank, the Flesh Hounds and the Furies act as a screen to get the Skulltaker safely in range to start charging at enemy characters and dishing out as much destruction as possible before he gets swept from the board. The Bloodcrushers will be positioned to charge and get into combat as early as possible, while the Bloodletter horde marches forward in front of the Horrors Horde with the Exalted Bloodthirster, Spined Beasts, and Nette squads to start cleaning up the opponent no later than turn 3, by which point the two flank attacks should have them softened up nicely. Flamers are there because, well, in almost every situation, they find a way to be worth more than their cost. The HoT on the Disc brings the Lore of Fire and occupies the Fulcrum closest to the enemy as early as possible and then starts doing his thing. This list has no intention of occupying more then one Fulcrum on the starting side, but rather to get the KoS on one of the opponents Fulcrums, and keep the enemy off the rest of them by assault or magic. Lore of Life on the HoT in the Horror horde to make the Bloodletter horde even more disgustingly overpowered then they already are. Exalted Bloodthirster giving the Bloodletter horde FOUR ranks of attacks! Hopefully get Slicing Shards on the KoS to really hit hard against those LD lowered units. Just seems to work so nicely together. I've put allot of thought into less Heroes and more core, but the additional 'umph' the HoK give to Bloodletters, the impact of magic in SoM games, and the synergy of the Masque with the Great Icon of Despair and the Lore of Slaanesh, I just can't convince myself to drop a single one of them. What’re your thoughts, criticisms, suggestions?

Storms of Magic
    Exalted Bloodthirster
    Giant Spined Chaos Beast: Mark of Slaanesh
    Giant Spined Chaos Beast: Mark of Tzneetch
    SoM Total = 1250
    Lords
    Keeper of Secrets: Lvl 4 Wiz, Temptator, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song (solo)
    Lords Total = 670
    Heroes
    Masque (solo)
    Skulltaker: Juggernaut (solo)
    Herald of Khorne: Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade (w/ Bloodletter horde)
    Herald of Slaanesh: Seeker, BSB, Great Icon of Despair, Allure of Slaanesh (w/ Seekers)
    Herald of Khorne: Juggernaut, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade (w/ Bloodcrushers)
    Herald of Tzneetch: Disc of Tzneetch, Master of Sorcery, Spellbreaker (solo, Lore of Fire)
    Herald of Tzneetch: Master of Sorcery, Spellbreaker (w/ Horrors horde, Lore of Life)
    Heroes Total = 1210
    Core
    39 Bloodletters: Full Command, Icon of Endless War
    39 Horrors: Full Command, Icon of Sorcery
    20 Daemonettes: Full Command
    20 Daemonettes: Full Command
    10 Furies
    Core Total = 1696
    Special
    5 Flesh Hounds & Karanak
    6 Seekers
    Special Total = 394
    Rare
    5 Bloodcrushers: Full Command
    3 Fiends
    3 Fiends
    1 Fiend
    4 Flamers
    3 Flamers
    Rare Total =1030
    TOTAL = 5000

Last edited by sirkently; November 6th, 2011 at 18:00.

+ Reply to Thread