<2000 500 point slaaneshi SoM pact for ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

500 point slaaneshi SoM pact for ogres

Hey guys, I've never played daemons before so I could use a bit of help... Basically I wan tot play some SoM games with my new ogres and use Daemons as a pact army for the 500 points I get. I thought that the Slaaneshi units with their high initiative and movement might be useful but I might be wrong.

what I thought was:

Herald of Slaanesh

19 daemonettes

5 seekers, musician

Fiend

(499 points)

The fiend I can use to hunt enemy spellcasters on fulcrums, with the seekers a fast cav unit that I can't get in the ogre book and herald giving lovely ASF to teh daemonettes.

Would this be effective to support an ogre army? Are there other units that might be better suited for the task? Comments very much appreciated

'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried Nurgle/Slaanesh before, back in 7th edition, and never had much luck. The problem I found, and this very well could've been poor strategy on my end, is that my army always seemed to find themselves inconveniently divided. Slaanesh units, namely nettes, have 3T and no AS, only a 5+ ward, making them pretty fragile. Yes, they do get ASF w/ the herald, and they do have a very nice 5WS, they still, however, crumble rather quickly when they're alone in combat. Ideally, Slaanesh units excell when they 'add' to a combat from the flank or rear, ensuring that the majority of the attacks typically aren't focus'd in their direction. With the slow approach of an ogre army, I think a similar movement value set of units would be more appropriate, or, tougher units with high movement that will be able to flank or advance, and not get extinguished while the balance of your army is still a full turn or more away from getting into CC. I think nurgle or khorne would be a better compliment. Bloodcrushers and Rhinox riders charging side by side seems pretty sexy too!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Daemonettes have the same movement speed as Ogres. Infact Sabretusks, Stonehorns and Yhetee's are all faster than Daemonettes.

The reason I was leaning towards slaanshi units was that the fiends and seekers are movement 10, so give me the fast options that I need to get some flank charges set up to support when my ogre line hits the enemy. A single fiend also looks to me like a perfect model to go wizard hunting on storm of magic?

Another thing I liked the slaaneshi units for was the high initiative - ogres are for the most part initiative 2 so striking first with daemonettes is something I can't get anywhere else.

I just thought that nurgle's trademark is pretty much resilient units and I already have that, and khorne's trademark is killing things in combat and that is what ogres do best. Ogre spellcasters are the best for SoM as they're great fighters so tzeentch isn't really required (although the changeling sounds fun) - so that leaves slaanesh?
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a slaanesh/khorne army and I run 2 hordes of daemonettes and they wreck face. If you run 29 Daemonettes with full command and a herald of slaanesh w/ siren song and torment blade thats 500pts. Siren song makes a unit within 20" charge or flee against your unit in their turn, which is retarded in most situations.

+ Reply to Thread