<3000 2500pts Daemons of Chaos for Mega Battle. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pts Daemons of Chaos for Mega Battle.

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all doing great

I need your help Long story short: my local store is organising a small Mega Battle supposedly for fun. However, I got shoved in with a couple of winners (if you get my drift ) and they asked me to compile the most horrendous power gaming list I can come up with. Special Characters are permitted. The only problem is that I don't really know how to buy the cheese for 8th edition (been laying dormant for the past months). I would really appreciate if you guys help me conceive the most blasphemic baby out of our book!

Miniatures should not be a problem since I own a good number of the whole range. What I don't have I can borrow

My team mates: Beastmen, Chaos Warriors, Dark Elves, 2 * Orcs & Gobbos and Skaven.
    Our rivals: Empire, Dwarves, 2 * Vampire Counts, 2 * High Elves and Lizardmen.

(We tried to do it Order vs Destruction, but we were missing 2 players so vampire counts filled in.)

I'm really looking forward for any help you might give me

Thanks and regards,

Niko

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

First of all, house rules. It would be better to know what sort of house rules your group is going to use because 7 armies trying to split (max) 12 power dice means that only a max of 2 dice per army, with 2 armies only getting 1. You are definity going to need more power dice for the armies. Next, are you playing with the rules out of the book for armies, or something else. Planning the armies together to help each other is the best way to play a team event.

Ok, if you want to spread the cheese thick use karios, flamers and skulltaker in a plauebearer unit. If you are only using max 12 power dice over all the armies, don't use karios, but if he will have access to more dice take him. A +6 to all casting attempts, and a re-roll per turn plus choosing his spells. Flamers can march and fire a hail of shots. Use them to pick apart smaller units. Skulltaker and nurgle herald in a unit of plaugebearers with the banner to re-roll failed wounds makes for a hero-killing monster unit that can soak up enemy fire with relativly low deaths. Bloodletters are amazing and probably the best core we have. I suggest running at least a unit of 30, with a herald if you can afford it.

Those are probably some of the best things that we have in our book, so now the other players. Looks like you are playing with mostly combat heavy armies, and a magic army. Opposite of you looks like 2 shooty and 5 magic armies. The counts will die without their magic, while the highelves and lizards are more well rounded. Try to stay away from the counts if you can because the hoards or skelies will tie you up for the game. Purple sun will rip them apart, and dwarfs also. Lizardmen, highelves and dwarfs are probably your best matchups. Bloodletters will run right through most dwarf armies, and lizardmen sarus are pretty much equals to the bloodletters. Highelves can be nasty, and if you plan to take them on take the lore of light. Giving your core units I10 to cancel out the strike first re-roll will make them last longer.

Try making a list up and i will try and comment on it as soon as i can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for house rules there are only a few: Special Characters cannot be doubled and everyone generates his own power dice, which cannot be shared. Dispel dice is one common pool per side. The army composition is standard; I got 2500 pts that have to follow the rules in the brb / army book. Max of 5 Dispel Scrolls per side.

The list so far:

Kairos: Throne of Vines, Searing Doom, Briona's Timewarp, Comet of Casandora, Purple Sun of Xereus, Transformation of Kadon, The Withering and Fulminating Flame Cage.
    Blue Scribes (Just to increase the power pool to max)
    Herald of Khorne: Armor of Khorne and Firestorm Blade
    Herald of Khorne: Armor of Khorne and Firestorm Blade

41 Bloodletters: Full Command + Icon of endless war
    41 Bloodletters: Full Command + Icon of endless war

6 Flamers of Tzeentch
    6 Flamers of Tzeentch

To tell you the truth I don't like it much but it is 2500pts on the spot. As for war-machine hunters and redirectors they are going to be fielded by my team mates.

Thanks a lot for your help buddy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Ok, so if you don't have max power dice every turn it would be sad. 7 players, should get about 8 dice on average, for a total of 56 power dice vs your average of 11 dispel. This means that you will be getting a ton of extra dice because after the third or forth spell you will run out of dispel dice and they will cast any speel they please. So, let your allies cast and let the dispel dice run out and karios will be free to do as he pleases. Transfomation spell doesn't work well on Karios, and is meant for a lvl 1 wiz. On Karios, or any daemon wizard, there is too much invested for it to be worth it. You are losing the only spell caster in the army, and he will be the MVP in this game for you, and all your magic, unless you count the 1 random spell form the scribes. If you want to try for it use the scribes for it because they don't lose the abilities, as far as i know. mystying miasma(beasts signature) can be good against elves. Overpower it at only 10+ (4 or higher for karios) and minus D3 from WS and I means that core units will need a 5+, no re-roll to hit bloodletters if you roll a 2 or higher, and most elves won't be getting re-rolls.

Overall the list looks good if you want to win, not make new friends =). Karios will dominate, and the bloodletters should be able to rip though most units. Try and stay away from the hoards as you will eventually lose do to the numbers, not enough killing power when they keep comming. I have recently found out that the collar of khorne is useful, excpesally in a game like this where magic will dominate. The whole unit will get a 2++ against magic damage, just a thought.

Good luck in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason I've chosen transformation was to have a plan B just in case Kairos was caught in combat and I thought that I could end the spell any time I see fit (is that so? or am i wrong?) However the Miasma is a very strong alternative. The collar idea is great but the problem is that we aren't allowed that item on the Heralds

Unfortunately this list is disgusting so yes I believe I won't make many friends. However there is always time for a friendly fun match to show them that i am not really a monster Thanks a lot on your sound advice, I really appreciate it

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

I see what you mean by a last-option thing, but i still stand by my point of throwing your magic out the window. Karios could hold his own in combat, only a hero could do damage against him, and his thunderstomps will get him quick-kills. I always like the idea of reducing the opponent's stats rather than transform him, but your choice. Right now i think that it is more of a personal thing vs tactics.

+ Reply to Thread