Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey all, a friend and I are getting back into Warhammer after a bit of a break. He's decided to use Empire and I decided to destroy him with the Demons. I've read all of the topics so far and learned quite a bit, I was wanting to get a few tactics specifically for Empire though.
The main thing I'm worried about is his artillery. I'd love to use a Greater Demon but I'm worried about that one cannon ball wiping out 600 points. I liked the idea of using Furies as screening units but I guess that wouldn't work for the Greater Demons.
Also, any tips against detachments? Maybe use a unit of Furries to draw them out?
Any magic items that I need to watch out for?
thanks for any thoughts, I appreciate it,
For the war machines I think furies would work fine, or if you want to be REALLY evil, use siren song even when you know you are about 20 inches away, the crew fail charges, and gets away from their war machines(they will normally be on a hill so can see you), same goes for 'move or shoot' weapons. You could also try to get a comet off with a master of sorcery HoT, but this might not work as well.
The magic item you should look out for is the speculum, this little **** of an item swaps statistics with a character or (I think) champion. I heard once that statistics can onll be swapped once, so the changeling might be a good idea.
Good luck, I hope you muller him (I have a great dislike for empire, espesially the gunline/50 bound spell a turn lists,which if he has, the blue scribes would be a great idea).
Cannons are a tricky one indeed. However, Furies will help a lot, so the GD should be fine on about turn two. Also, take Daemonic Robes. First he has to hit you without missfiring, the he has to wound you on 3+, then you get a 5+ ward save..then he has to roll 5 or more to kill outright....I think you'd have to get pretty lucky to kill a GD in one shot.
Best way to deal with Detatchments is to charge them. Seekers with the Siren Standard should do well here, though watch out for his shooting.
Siren song can only be used on a unit if they can actually complete the charge. Interesting stategy though, force artilly to charge into a losing combat or flee. Win win really.
The Speculum will most likely be on a Warrior Preist or crappy Wizard of some sort. It only woprks in challenhes however, so I f you can charge in a way to aviod it, do it. Otherwise, just avoid the units with
All in all, I dont think there are many bad choices you can make. Just get him in combat..you should be fine
well something that works really well is a tactick is read on the daemonic legion forum.
you get 2 unit's of khorn hounds and 2 units of screamers and screen the screamers with the hounds. they are a lot thougher and also have MR3 so magic isn't a poblem then when you are close enough make a incredible pass over his nicely formed line and then all those S5 slashing attacks will becme very nasty
hope this helps
Well, this is where I'm happy to play Slaanesh to be honest. Yeah, im T3 all round.... but im also M10 for the most part (7/10 units in my army). So, I would advise taking a few fury units, definately a LoC/KoS/BT for a Greater Daemon, the speed will help, and the special choices are necessary. I advise some Seekers and Furies. Then, to take his combat blocks/knights, try a unit of Plaguebearers with Herald, flanking with something nasty (Bloodcrushers spring to mind). Another nasty ploy is a Siren Songing Keeper, with the Etherblade. Use it on Knights and blow them to pieces. But make sure theres a unit of 5 furies or something behind them, so they dont elect to flee
My 2 cents
Multiple units of furies can take on war machines, while I reckon seekers with the siren standard will lay waste to detachments with ease.
That's my take .
Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.Originally Posted by amishcellphone
With Empire, it's a spread of points between a lot of things the players wants...with Empire it's always matter of what they take. In short, see what your friend buys and plan around that if your interested in solely crushing your friend mercilessly (which is a proper mindset for a daemon general I feel....)
In the off chance your not a total jerk though, and your friend has the disposable income to have all the options, , here are things to keep in mind over the many army lists he will play.
1. Warrior Priests will make your life hell, they're pratcially designed to fight daemons. He will eventually have these in his amry, to the point your likely going to see them everytime you play against him.
2. Where there's warriors priests, there's flagellents. These guy completely throw daemon strategies out the window. They're unbreakable, so your not going to use your greatest weapon, fear, to win here. It'll be reduced into a deathmatch that your daemons would win if you were not outnumbered and about to be flanked charged. Kill them outside combat if possible, or fight with the mindset of killing the entire unit before help can arrive. Good news is they're pricey and probably not killing anyone, and since they can be used as a core choice in the right circumstances might translate into less blocks of reigments.
3. Empire has horrible leadership for it's basic troops. There's a good chance that they will fail fear tests. Give your opponent as couple oppertunites that rely on that fear test working or not, and he will eventually fail on eor make a bad choice.
4. Warmachines, while mean against most infantry, lack the same power against daemons. A ward save doesn't care if it's a skink blowpipe or a dwarf cannon. Your loses will happen, but they won't be too great to gurantee victory if your smart about it. If your still worried, take a large unit of plaguebearers with a herald into combat. With big numbers they'll attract attention, and with regen and high T they'll take a lot of fire.
5. Empire endurance is based on high numbers and armor, which means your probably going to find both demonettes and bloodletters need to be used.
....Can't think of anything else in particuler that would help right now
Sorry to resurrect this old post of mine but I have a new list and some questions about it. Take a look if you have a minute! (2000 pt. Vs Empire)
I was mainly wondering which magic lore I should take with my LoC and also if I had the right units to survive and take out his artillery.
thanks for your all's help!