Vs. Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vs. Dark Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vs. Dark Elves

hey all, my friend might be taking dark elves rather than Empire and I wanted to get your alls feedback. Any units or magic items I should be worried about? Any demon units you recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

There isn't much to be worried about, apart from maybe repeater crossbows, but daemonettes are gold against any army that includes the word "elves". Screamers and flamers do quite well. Nurgle magic will do a lot of damage beacause of all the T spells. I don't know how well khorne would do, but you will be wounding them on 2s. Make sure you have quite a quick moving army.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Seekers with the siren standard are a good option to cripple one of DE's primary advantages - Dark Riders. You can outcharge and hold in place his fast flanking units with your own.

If your opponent takes a dragon you'll have to expend a lot of resources dealing with that, and you might find bloodletters and daemonettes don't really like the volume of shots pumped out by their crossbowmen.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good, that's pretty much what I was thinking... I was much more worried about empire than I am the elves. I'm leading towards nurgle as most of my core, I figure that will give a solid core that he won't be able to break through easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

If you throw in a palanquin-riding herald with noxious vapours you'll cripple one of the Elves' primary advantages - their initiative. Pretty much all of their infantry units will not be able to last against that sort of combo.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I came up with my first tentative list based around Nurgle. I have a magic heavy list but I might also try a more combat oriented list. Here's the link to the list. (2000 Nurgle Magic)

+ Reply to Thread