battles against Empire advice needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battles against Empire advice needed

hi ,
    i'm about to play some battles against Empire, what tactics to you think are best? i thinking about a Slaanesh / Nurgle army, i know it is strange but maybe at least resilient, fast adn fun to ply

i never used yet the new list of daemons but looks very flexible in every situation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people would suggest Furies and khorne dogs to hunt down warmachine and gunlines and that is very true. it really depends what his/her army is like... if it is all shooty then maybe you need more fast units to get there to get rid of them. Perhaps bring in some Heralds of tzeentch with master of sorcery and fly to get close to blast them with spells. I would use heaven since the herald would be out of range and he can still pick and choose who to strike - plus a well placed comet on a gunline army is pretty nasty.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

One of the ugliest things you could do to an Empire army is the Icon of Great Despair and Terror. Empire armies have weak LD, if you use the negative leadership banner and terror and drop it right into the middle of his lines most of his units are going to have a better than 50% chance of fleeing. Throws a pretty big wrench into the battle when your armies core disintigrates in panic.

Against Empire the IoGD is also a good defensive tool as his troops are going to have a very hard time charging fear causing units if their LD is reduced.

Other than that you want to kill his war machines fast and be careful of his knights and detatchments.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last week he destroyed my HE army (350 pts above)using almost a fast cavalry troop with fusils(firing many times in a row - don't remember the name), thanx also to my ton of 1's that make my lions run away with a block of infantry , and i was also unlucky in CC with those 1's that made me laugh in despair.

so i think the IoGD just counted in the army is very very good, i'm planning about a GD or Heralds...

a BT will be very dangerous for him, i'm very weak at planning magical tactics however

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the thing about running the Great Icon of Despair is, though it will devestate empire armies, most experienced empire players who know they are playing daemons will bring the B.S.B.'s imperial bannner, allowing any units within 12" of him to re-roll failed psychology tests. So dont expect that combo to work all the time. Especially if the general is near the unit. Thats needing 7's on 2 D6 with two tries to get it.
    All Nurgle Army: 12-2-3
    All Tzeentch Army: 2-0
    Tzeentch/Nurgle Army: 5-1

+ Reply to Thread