Potential new Daemons player needs help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential new Daemons player needs help!

Hey guys, I've been playing TK for a while now, and I decided it's time to branch out, try playing a second army. Daemons looks the most interesting to me so far, but I want to know what you think. I read the book, and I like what I see, but I have some questions. What are some of the less obvious strengths and weaknesses of each god? Do people usually stick to one god, or mix, or is it up to preference? What are the strategies? I've seen some lists that look like a bloodthirster and a bunch of tzeench casters. How does this work? If I go all Khorne or all Slaanesh how does this work? I basically just need some general info about how the army plays. Thanks a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

The best place to find a lot of those answers would be the 'A Call to Arms!' thread that is stickied on this sub-forum. It has battle writeups from several players running many different types of lists and an after game recap of how units worked and what the stregths and weaknesses were.. Have a read through that and see what you think.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by thefinaltuba View Post
    What are some of the less obvious strengths and weaknesses of each god? I think they're all pretty obvious, really. Khorne favours combat, while getting you a little magic res, slaanesh is all about speed and lots of attacks at low strength, Tzeentch is all about Magic and Shooting and Nurgle is slow but extremely hard to kill with the right combos.

Do people usually stick to one god, or mix, or is it up to preference? It will depend on the person. Me, I like the new fluff, and enjoy mixing up my army. Everyone has different views.

What are the strategies? Pick your Gods, and you will pick your strategies, basicly. I run mostly Khorne, with a little Tzeentch and Slaanesh. So, my Strategies are to smash the enemy in Combat, backed up with Flamers on the flanks. That's the very basc outline out it, and is just an example. Have anything in mind?

I've seen some lists that look like a bloodthirster and a bunch of tzeench casters. How does this work? Bloodthirsters are good leaders, no matter what, so I dare say it'll work great

If I go all Khorne or all Slaanesh how does this work? I basically just need some general info about how the army plays. Thanks a lot. Khorne armies will be fast, with powerful Close Combat attacks. They will be Vulnerable to magic though, but without any wiards themselves, they should come with more numbers on their side. Slaanesh is even faster than Khorne (well, anything really), save the Bloodthirster, but in combat, dish out a large amount of low strength attacks, so win in a different way. They can also acess other sneakier gifts, like Siren Song or the Siren Standard and can bring a little magic to the field, using an awesome lore.
    I hope most of that made sense. Thing is, Daemon armies can vary greatly in composition and tactics. Perhaps tell us what you want, and it'll be easier to guide you.

+ Reply to Thread