Ku'Gath Plaguefather and Master of Sorcery loopholes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ku'Gath Plaguefather and Master of Sorcery loopholes?

Hey all,

Just two quick things that popped up in the Pilgrimage tournament I played today and yesterday.

Resolved.
    Is there a rule which states that a model may only know spells from a single lore? Not choose - know. Master of Sorcery grants a Lord of Change (in this case, the Herald is FAQd) the option (can, not must) of choosing any of the eight lores and knowing all the spells from that lore.

Now, the interesting bit.

The Lord of Change already knows all six daemon lore of Tzeentch spells. He's not rolling for them. They're already there. He can't forget them. This either needs to be FAQd, or a Lord of Tzeentch may know twelve spells. This would be very. Bloody. Useful. Unfortunately, I can't find my BRB at the moment, but I don't believe there is a specific rule against this. Go the flying magic chicken!

Second thing, Ku'Gath Plaguefather. He's on a palanquin of Nurgle - which is a 50x50 base. A Greater Daemon of Nurgle is on a 60x60 base (I may be wrong here, but the point is still valid). Greater Daemons cannot join units. He isn't on a monster base, he's a model mounted on a cavalry model. It specifically singles out Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes as not being able to join units, not special characters - we know this, because it specifies Heralds can't join different god's units, but special characters can, so that entire box does not apply.

I would like to know your thoughts on the two above issues.

Last edited by Takaetun; August 24th, 2008 at 13:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I don't know about the first topic, but... as far as I know the model for Ku'Gath hasn't been made yet. I think you're mixing it up with the Epidemius model... That may explain some, if not all of the discrepancies that you mentioned. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

The Lord of Change knowing 12 spells - nope. Master of Sorcery specificly states it's used instead of it's normal lore. Tzeentch is his normal lore, I don't see how you can argue past that.

As for Kurgath, he can't join units for the same reason GD's can't - he is defined as a monster as per page 30. The Herald example you gave wasn't the same thing. We don't need to prove Kurgath isn't a GD - we need to prove he isn't a monster, and the latest FAQ says he is. So, following the same rules as GD's (since they are all Monsters), he cannot join units.

I mean , according to the BRB, GD's and Pirnces chould be able to join units, but the Army Book overides it, becuase they are monsters. I think the same applies here.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear LORD those were fast replies. I thankyou.

No, Ku'Gath. It states he is on a palanquin, which is also stated as being a 50x50 base.

The Lord of Change knowing 12 spells - nope. Master of Sorcery specificly states it's used instead of it's normal lore. Tzeentch is his normal lore, I don't see how you can argue past that.
    Except it doesn't. a) It states that the model can choose another Lore and b) the Lord of Change already knows all six spells. And - Damn, I didn't read it closely enough. Sorry, you're right. He can choose to use the Lore of Tzeentch instead of those Lores, and knows all six, but yes, he can only know one spell at a time.

Page thirty doesn't define the special characters as monsters because it doesn't define special characters as anything. Where in the latest FAQ (that's the third time I've spelt it as FAW before noticing...) does it state that he is, sorry?

Well, that's depressingly well answered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Takaetun View Post
    Where in the latest FAQ (that's the third time I've spelt it as FAW before noticing...) does it state that he is, sorry?
    The FAQ states that he has a unit strength of 10. The only way he can have a unit strength of 10 is if he is in fact a Monster, not Cavalry. The palaquin is ignored in regards to this.

So, what I'm saying, is according to the unit strength chart, on page 71 of the BRB, he must be a Monster.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not a model on a cavalry model, because he isn't unit strength one...he's unit strength ten, therefore a monster. Monsters can be mounts, not be mounted. so you have to use the monster sized base even though he's mounted.

Also, all greater daemons have the same base size already, regardless of thier physical dimensions. I doubt they would plan to move from that much.

+ Reply to Thread