DoW in DoC? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoW in DoC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DoW in DoC?

I've always been a fan of the Dogs of War, I just wanted to give them a shout here. I know that it isn't in our army book, but I remember Games-workshop saying that you can still use Dogs of war in all Warhammer armies (except Bretonians) and I think it would give us very interesting options. This would not only give us access to an enormous array of different units that we otherwise would not be able to come anywhere near (Cannons!), and could be easily justified by fluff (Slaanesh tempts them, Tzeentch tricks them, Nurgle offers them eternal life, and Khorne just scares the gold out of them).
    Discuss

I'm too lazy to come up with a witty sig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

DoW want one thing... and that is GOLD.

I could see possibly Mortal Chaos with DoW but not demons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nay, the dogs of war want more than just gold. Many battle for glory, food (Orgres make sure that they get to eat what they beat), and, quite honestly, sex appeal. Gold is often a means to an end, and the daemons can provide that end. Slaanesh can beguile the hearts of mortals and easily win mercinaries to his causes, oft times making them think that serving the dark prince is what they truley desire. Tzeentch can lie, befuddle, and confuse, making them think that they may be serving a greater cause (Which they are), making false gold appear before them, or simply twisting their minds like candy canes. Nurgle often draws human followers through the elimination of pain and death, offering them eternal life for eternal service, creating horrendous half-daemons; no longer mortal mercenaries, yet empty shells of their former selves on their way to become one with Papa Nurgle. Khorne is the most straight-forward of the chaos gods, his hiring could consist of simply "Spill more blood for the Blood God or we will use yours instead." The more blood on the ground, reguardless of it's source, the stronger Khorne becomes!
    Hope that helped with fliffy reasons to include dogs of war, I'd also really like to see discussions as to tactical reasons to include them.
    I'm too lazy to come up with a witty sig.

+ Reply to Thread