chariots of khorne on herald or juggernaut w/unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chariots of khorne on herald or juggernaut w/unit?

I am starting to get into the melee side of things (got bored magicking and shooting) so i looked into khorne chariots - it looks pretty good but is it better than a herald on a juggernaut inside a unit? It might be expensive letting the chariot ride out in the open - one str 7 shot kills the whole unit.. Anyone had any luck with chariots? I am thinking maybe have all melee army with 1 BT, 2 heralds on juggernaut and skulltaker on chariot... is this too many points for characters or it is better with 1 BT + 2 heralds on jugger or just 3 heralds and skulltaker - 2 on jugger 2 on chariots?

Last edited by shaselai; September 10th, 2008 at 16:56.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The same spelling glitch on two web forums...?

"chariots of khorne on herald or juggernaut w/unit?"

Copy and paste is not your friend

I think the juggernaut option is all round better. Not only does he become a rock-hard character, he also boosts up the bloodletters who, despite their S5, are a fairly average core unit.

The chariot looks nasty, but is severely at risk of being a paper tiger against so many opponents (even those that are just plain faster than the chariot).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe

Yeah i think juggernaut might be better overall. . Side question - is 3 bloodcrusher better than 6 hounds? same points but not sure if the 70 point on w2 3+/5+ is good investment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do Bloodcrushers get 3+ sv?
    "You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Jugger grants the rider +3 to armour save due to the fact that a Jugger is a Brass Behemoth.

I think a Herald on a Jugger is way better then a chariot. First it can not really be instant killed by Str 7 weapons. It has 2 wounds. Also if you give your HoK the deamonic gifts of "Armour of Khorne" it gives him +3 more to his SV. And I always through in "Daemonic Robes" too (can never be wounded on better than a 3+).

So a mounted HoK will has a 0+ save, with 2 wounds, can not be wounded with better than a 3+, with a movement of 7. And he only costs 170.

I also field him in a unit of Bloodcrusher, that way it protect him from some of the shooting that might come his way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by queek View Post
    How do Bloodcrushers get 3+ sv?
    They don't. They have a 4+ save, which no doubt prompted your question.

(a 4+ save being 3 'points' of armour, or +3 to an existing save)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

S7 being able to destroy chariots, IMO, should not be paramount to your choice.

Sit and think, what can/is S7 or higher?

-Characters with great weapons
    -Dwarf bolt throwers with a rune
    -Cannons (empire, dwarf, steam)
    -Center hole of stone throwers.

Sorry if I missed anything.

Now a further look.

Characters- take a Vampire or a Black Orc Warboss with a great weapon. Sure he can destroy a chariot with a wound but most likely he's gonna have a bunch of attacks. Your Jug's armor save is going to be nil.

Artillary- Most of the artillary causes D3 or D6 wounds. A D3 needs a 3+ to kill a Jug and D6 needs a 2+ AND the can go through the ranks!!! If I was playing against them I'd love to have those odds.

My choice comes down to speed, hitting power and agility. Also, the most important, personal preference.

I'd take Skulltaker on a chariot. It makes him much harder to hit and you have impact hits and a Jug.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I run a Herald on a Jugger with Obsidian Armor. 0+ save, Heraldy goodness, locus, and magic weapons don't work on him. He'll either run with Bloodletters or crushers to make the most of locus. Plus the model is terrifying and awesome.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread