Which god to go with Khorne? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which god to go with Khorne?

Hello,

I sold my new Space Marines and went for Daemons, simply because the models and the fluff are amazing. I bought a box of Bloodletters and Flesh Hounds, and now I'm wondering what to get next. I am aiming for a 50:50 or perhaps 60:40 force in favour of Khorne, definitely with a Herald of Khorne, possibly on Jugger, Flesh Hounds, and Bloodletters. I cannot settle on a second god though.

Tzeentch will give me a lot of casting power, with Pink Horrors counting as lvl 1 mages if I'd run them, possibly with a herald also. However, Nurgle seems interesting to me as well - Plaguebearers look good, especially when joined by a Nurgle Herald, and they're on the average when it comes to movement - on par with the Pink Horrors. Then there's Slaanesh, which would probably make my list very brutal at 1K - Daemonettes are very fast and their attacks are nothing to be scoffed at.

Perhaps I should mix it and go with three gods, with one main and two supportive, say Khorne + Tzeentch,Nurgle or Khorne + Tzeentch, Slaanesh, I really don't know. I'm set on Khorne though.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I'd say Nurgle. That way your combining the most defensive and most attacking units available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to play Nurgle, but I'm concerned about the level of dispell dice I will get by playing anything other than Khorne+Tzeentch. With only 1 lvl 1 Nurgle herald, I'd be at 3 DD, which is not much against Nurgle+Tzeentch and Vamps that are around our local club.

Plus, Khorne is fast. With Flesh Hounds and Furies, I will be moving across the battlefield rather quickly, so I may need something to go along. I really don't know.
    Last edited by Leafwalker; October 28th, 2008 at 13:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Khorne and Nurgle is brutal, you've got the killing machines mixed with nigh unkillable blocks of infantry. If magic causes problems, look into the Standard of Sundering to effectively neuter enemy magic.

Something like this would be nasty for 2000 points
    Bloodthirster
    HoK on jugger with Standard of Sundering
    HoN on Palanquin, level 1
    big block of 20+ plaguebearers
    smaller units of Bloodletters
    Furies
    Flesh Hounds
    Bloodcrushers if points allow

You have your big block of PBs that will never, ever die, Bloodletters for flanking, Flesh Hounds and the BT for killing everything, and a really nasty Herald either riding with Juggers or sitting in a Bloodletter unit.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great tip, ==Me==. As for the army list, it looks really nasty, but I would like to start small at 1000 points, building up towards 2500 eventually.

The banner of Sundering looks rather good, actually. This would allow me to play a mono Khorne, but I'm thinking Khorne with Daemonettes + Slaanesh herald thrown in would be even more brutal, with Nettes quickly closing in on the enemy along with Flesh Hounds, tearing them to pieces, while the main chop-force of two units of Bloodletters, possibly with a herald on Jugger come in and finish the rest.

The general scheme would be something like this:

HoK, with Jugger, Sundering
    HoS, lvl 1 mage
    2x Bloodletters (30 in total)
    1-2x Daemonettes (20 total)
    1x Flesh Hounds (5 total)
    1x unit of Bloodcrushers (3 total)

I may be over 1K points, so if that's the case, Bloodcrushers would be swapped for Furies to do some nice screening for Bloodletters, although with Flesh Hounds and Daemonettes in the pack, I am not sure whether this is actually even necessary. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Looks good, though I think you'll have too many points with all that Core. 1 unit of each would work. Watch out for Bloodcrushers, they only have a 4+ save but hit like a train. For 1000 points, 3 DD and a lot of magic resistance is usually enough, so you can leave the Sundering Standard for later (or get rid of the HoS magic).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread