Best Core Unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Core Unit?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloodletters

30 33.33%
  • Deamonettes

11 12.22%
  • Horrors

24 26.67%
  • Plauge Bearers

9 10.00%
  • Furies

16 17.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Core Unit?

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Best Core Unit?

Which core unit do you fill your ranks with and why?

I love my Bloodletters. Yes they are relatively flimsy but man do they trash any unit they come across.

"Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the box, vanilla version? Bloodletters, hands down. These guys are fast, and they chop the enemy to bits. And they don't need a herald for that.

The remaining options are very solid, though. Horrors can work without a herald as well, acting as mages; however, without that 4+ ward save, they'll drop quickly. Plaguebearers are nasty with a herald, and the models are awesome. That's why I'm moving towards a more Nurglish force from Slaanesh at the moment. Daemonettes are damn fast and useful as well, though they won't kill as much as the Bloodletters Useful for flank charges and shooter/elf hunting, though.

Furies are quite possibly the best core unit in the book, but they fill more of a support role - harassing shooters/warmachines, marchblocking...So with that on mind, I picked the Bloodletters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd say they all have their uses.

Bloodletters smash up armor good and proper, but T3 and 1 attack leaves them vulnerable against more numerous foes, shooting, and ASF units.

Daemonettes are extremely fast, shred light infantry and skirmishers, but bounce of moderately armored foes and suffer from T3.

Plaguebearers require a Herald to be effective, otherwise they are a waste of points. With a Herald they are easily the best, T4 5+ ward and Regen is just stupidly good.

Horrors are ==My== pick. Core wizards! They provide DD, can dish out some damage in even small numbers, or can be beefed up to super awesome status. A level 4 mage for core is nothing to sneeze at. Also I love the Changeling and Icon of Sorcery.

Furies are fantastic support units, check Bonzi's tactica he wrote up many moons ago about their uses. They can do anything: terror bomb, march block, hunt war machines, kill archers/skirmishers, bait, screen, and so much more!
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cocour, horrors are always good where as the other cores require a particular situation, bloodletter models are good but are easily replaced by hounds, plague bearers are awsome but you need a lot of points for it, and slaneesh, which would have been my next guess are just soft, but with 10 attacks on the front, owch!

horrors are great simply because theyll always acheive what you want and pending on how you play em can do so for quite a while, it might only be spare change sometimes but ut all adds up.

horrors are great but i wo nt vote them number one because they are useless on their own, unable to make a mighty impact on enemy forces, but in combination, well you know.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

The aligned core units are used and unused depending on the army. Only Furies are the must have in all DoC armies.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Furies hands down. They are the one unit you should bring no matter what army or play style you use. Furies are a swiss army knife with wings when it comes to tactics.

After that I have a warm spot in my heart for Bloodletters as excellent all round troops but honestly each core unit is tailored to be good against one thing and weak against another.

Methinks that it might be time for me to revisit my original tactica and expand it to include a review of all the units and their uses.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One for one, I'd say Bloodletters are my favorite. Look-wise they also win out as well. However of course against different enemies and with different upgrades and bonuses it can change a lot. If you could mix and match, I would go for a full unit of regenerating Plaguebearers, already some of the toughest Core units of the game and with a hardcore character to lead them in the form of their Herald, who gives them the aforementioned Locus of Nurgle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really attracted to the pink horrors. Just the thought of having a 30 wound level 3 wizard that doesn't take up a lord/hero choice does it for me...wish they would come out with a plastic set for the buggers though.

~Juravial
    No fate but what you make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I voted for Furies as I think they bring the most versatility out of the core choices. Between the aligned choices I think that Bloodletters and Horrors are the best. If you are talking about a full squad decked out with banners and heralds and such then I think it is hands down the Plaguebearers. Those guys with a palanquin Herald and banner can cause quite a bit of damage and also hold their position, something the other choices can have trouble doing.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

So I look at this poll and think to myself... Daemonettes... the weakest choice in BOTH gaming systems... /sigh.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast