Daemon Disc? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemon Disc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Disc?

Is it worth taking. I was looking at the rules but i could just drop a flamer or two and get a chariot. Which is worth it in a 1500 pt army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I prefer Winged Horror so you can still join Horror units to give them a 4+ ward.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worth it. Like ==Me== said, Winged Horror gives you practically the same advantages and you can still protect your herald AND a unit of horrors by joining the two.

Now the chariot is a different matter, but considering how much you'd have to spend to just make the unit on your own and the large footprint it leaves on the battlefield, you are still better off with just the winged horror, if you have at least one unit of horrors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends largely on army composition and the gifts the herald in question has. If you willing to invest in the herald, as an offensice spellcaster, I think the disc is a wise investment if only to keep the points for other gifts. Thse guys are the only heo choice that can take spellbreaker, so you need to buy it when you can.

If you have a good sized unit of horrors though, he belongs in there. As fun as the flying herald of magicy doom can be (he can be a game winner), spreading that ward bonus around is more important.

+ Reply to Thread