Daemons Vs Dark elves and ogres? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemons Vs Dark elves and ogres?

I used to play a lot of 40K when i was younger (7-8 years ago) i started up in Warhammer Fantasy, because a few friends decided to kick their old hobby n i went along with them. One of my mates has an ogre army and my other mate has a dark elf army. At the moment i have one unit (Huge army i know lol) i have 10 bloodletters and they seem to carve up the dark elves without a problem, but the ogres worry me. can anyone give me some tips as to which units to get that can teach these brutes not to mess with the power of chaos?
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Ogres have low Ld and panic easily, so use that Fear and Terror to your benefit. They are also fairly soft, so even Daemonettes shouldn't have a problem with them. Poison is great against their larger units, and Flesh Hounds/Flamers will rip anything apart.

How many points do you play?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against Ogres, one of your main advantages--fear--is neutralized because Ogres themselves cause fear. I wouldn't recommend Daemonettes because their low S will bounce off the Ogres for the most part. Then on top of that any save that the Ogres have will only be modified by -1. Bloodletters should be just fine against them, but you need to strike first (The banner that adds d6" to your charge range should solve this problem). PBs will also work just fine, poison and regen will keep them munching through them with no problems. I do agree that Flesh Hounds and Flamers will be very useful against them. Their superior movement and strength will tear right through the Ogres.

Combat Res should also solve your Ogre problems easily. You don't run, so your troops either win or die. The ogres, however, will run from you if they lose, and they don't have the combat res to hold very well if they don't break the enemy on the first turn.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive played gores for a year now and ill tell you now dont rely on us cocking up things like leadership or attack rounds, thats just a great way to get smashed, frankly ogres need the charge to gain momentum and points, if you use your furies , masque and other what not s to march block thenpound the crud out of them with flamers you will win, flesh hounds in this case are awsome as they can hit the ogres flanks or mess up any ogres that have been sent to foward flanking positions.
    the trick is to not get caght, plagubearers will be able to repell ogres but just remember how slow they are. the other sided is magic, we dont have a lot of it and if you play keep away then you should let them have every spell exept, bone cruncher, bullgorger and blood gruel, this way you can kill the butcher under the weight of their own spells, remember if the butcher dies all his spells go with him.

alternately if you dont want to play keep away the you need to make damn sure you get the charge, because if you miss it you will suffer no matter what.

hope this helps, remember dont expect us to cock it up makes us.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you really want to do is try to build up the combat res outside of just plain killing. By this I mean try to get the standard, all three ranks, flank or rearing, Battle Standard, and units of 18+ will normally outnumber, as a normal unit of 6 Bulls has US of 3 each equalling 18. Say you cause... 5 wounds and they cause the same, you will thrash them by up to 6 points. THIS is when their low leadership is exploited, by breaking them. To tell you the truth you will rarely catch them, them moving 3D6, unless you get some cavalry after them, but rallying coulld be hard for them. And as said before, Impact Hits REALLY hurt, so do whatever you can to get a charge!

By the way for the Dark Elves, if your opponent relies on powerful characters, preferably mounted, may I advise a Changeling? Great fun to watch his face as your guy become as skilled, fast, and charismatic as Malekith and tough, strong and durable as a dragon while he becomes a squishy demon!
    Last edited by Goreblood_Hackflesh; January 9th, 2009 at 12:25. Reason: Adding in:

+ Reply to Thread