No khorne or nurgle ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Witch should i go with ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slaanesh

9 16.98%
  • Tzeench

16 30.19%
  • Nurgle

8 15.09%
  • Khorne

8 15.09%
  • Stick to 40k !

3 5.66%
  • Go with another army

9 16.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No khorne or nurgle !

I am a 40k player and have been playing deamons in 40k, but i was recently absorbed into warhammer fantasy and want to play a deamons army but want to avoid knorne and nurgle beacause i already play them. I need list ideas, plz help.

(You can also vote for witch path is the wisest)

The option that gets picked the most will be what i go with unless you give me an argument on why i should go with a non pure army.

Last edited by Eldrad0556; February 4th, 2009 at 14:15. Reason: i dunno

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Well, I chose Tzeentch because I think they are a better choice than Slaanesh but I would really prefer to see a mixed army. However, pure Tzeentch will probably get you beat up in the current environment, people tend to see it as broken/cheese/overpowered(choose the whine of your choice). Come to think of it so will pure Slaanesh with the Leadership sucking list. A mixed army will give you much more balance as each God tends to be very specialized in their unit choices(Khorne=CC, Tzeentch=Magic, Nurgle=Tough, Slaanesh=speed/movement). I think that your army will work much better with a good mix from each.
    That being said you could probably make a decent Slaanesh/Tzeentch list with magic to soften up the enemy and speedy hammer units to combo-charge. You could use that strategy to pick apart your opponent unit by unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I run a Slaanesh/Tzeentch list and it works quite well. You've got your awesome magical firepower, great fliers, and amazing skirmishers backed by the fastest foot units in the book and some nasty psychological effects.

Did you want a mono-god army or a mix?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, i would like a mix army and ive been thinking over the last couple of days about having a tzeench and slaanesh army beacause of the reason you said. if its posible could i have some lists to try and see kinda how warhammer players make there lists cause im kinda new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Another fan of STDs (Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemons), awesome

What sort of armyr did you want to run. You can go for a magic zappy Tzeentch list with speedy Slaaneshi assault units, a Ld bomb of doom, or something else. Do you want a Greater Daemon? Keeper or Lord of Change?

Typically, in 2000 points you can fit in a GD, 2 Heralds, 2 good sized blocks of Core, 1 small unit of Core to fulfill minimum requirements, and a couple units of special/rare as need be.

Here's what I'd run.

Keeper w/ level 4, allure, torment blade, siren song
    Herald of Tzeentch w/ master of sorcery, winged horror, BSB, Icon of Despair
    Masque

18 Daemonettes w/ full command and Banner of Ecstasy
    20 Horrors w/ full command and Icon of Sorcery
    10 Horrors

5 Seekers w/ standard and Siren Standard

6 Flamers

That runs around 2000 points and gives you a basic idea of how things work. You have the Keeper, Tzeentch Herald and Masque to run around in enemy lines causing havoc with huge Ld modifiers. Meanwhile, you have 2 good sized blocks of Core to anchor your line and Seekers for flanking or hunting war machines, skirmishers, and missile troops. Flamers are just awesome and support as needed.

I just came up with the list off the top of ==My== head so it isn't the best of all time, but I hope it gives you some ideas.
    Last edited by ==Me==; February 5th, 2009 at 14:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx il work that list a litle and make it my own ( put my own touch of chaos).

for your questions, il take any list that does not include purely nurgle or khorne or both combined ( i could run a tzeench\khorne army if its really good, the same applys to nurgle)
    I do, preferably, want some tzeench in the list cause ive never play fantasy and i would like my first list to be magic heavy. I like greater deamons and always include one in my list ( exept for one of my 40k lists, i run a nurgle with a tally man) and witch would be determinded by wat armys i would chose to include. Since i am leaning towards a slaanesh and tzeench army then it would probably be the Keeper ( i dunno why, i thinks its cause i like the model better).

i dont know why but i disslike masque. Maybe beacause she sucks in 40k ?
    do you think she is worth running and why ?

thx for your time !
    Last edited by Eldrad0556; February 5th, 2009 at 23:42. Reason: i dunno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Ok, well any mix would work fine if you know what you're doing. For the most part, Khorne is choppy, Nurgle is survivey, Slaanesh is speedy/Ld abusey, and Tzeentch is magicky so mixing will see you emphasize the best parts of each god working together. A Slaanesh/Tzeentch mix uses its speed and powerful magic to cripple the enemy, Khorne/Tzeentch runs straight down your throat with blasty magic and brute force, Slaanesh/Nurgle evades and draws you into the unkillable anvil of Plaguebearers, and so on.

The Keeper is a mean one, very good in combat and a potent caster. Back him/her/it with flexible Tzeentch Heralds and you'll have a strong magic phase. Unfortunately you won't have much that can take down knights beyond the Kipper, Heralds with Etherblade, and magic, but you make up for it in nasty tricks and speed.

The Masque is a great disruption unit. Reducing enemy movement to stick them in bad positions, or reducing Ld to keep them running. She's also ridiculously cheap for the cost. She isn't so bad in 40k either, especially if you bring Flamers and Soul Grinders to make the most of Pavane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, i like the nurgle\slaanesh army idea, but would adding a litle tzeench be worth it ?Sould i take a great unclean one or a keeper( or a lord of change if i include tzeench) ?
    Or i could do as you say and take : ( oh and i dont want too big of a force)

keeper + 2(?) tzeench heralds and masque for my lords and heros

(will add the rest of my list later, something happend and i will need to be away from computer for atleast 1 day, sry !)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Any of those could work, it's really your call there.

While the Keeper is fast and killy, the GUO is ridiculously hard to kill. 10 wounds, 4+ armor, 5+ ward AND Regen makes this guy virtually unkillable, and since he's carrying around a flail and with proper gifts anybody charging him will be going last while he smacks them with S8. Trappings and Noxious Vapors are the stuff dreams are made of.

The Lord of Change is a tricky one. If you trick him out, you may as well get Kairos instead. I like to keep him reasonably cheap, using level 3, Power Vortex and Dark Magister. 555, still puts out a ton of power dice and is immune to the first miscast. Upgrade to level 4 for a little extra firepower.

A Nurgle/Slaanesh/Tzeentch mix could look something like this

GD of your choice (Slaanesh for speed, GUO for protection, LoC for magic)
    Nurgle Herald BSB on Palanquin (noxious vapors, slime trails, Sundering)
    Tzeentch Herald
    Slaanesh Herald or Masque

Anvil block of PBs (16+Palanquin, full command, Icon of Eternal Virulence)
    flanking Daemonettes
    magic battery Horrors
    Furies

Seekers with Siren Standard
    Screamers

Flamers
    Fiends

You have your uber block with a ton of units to flank or direct the enemy towards it. Back that up with a big nasty GD and things are looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my rough out line of my army will be: ( i wanna go for 2000 for starters )

Great Unclean one
    Nurgle Herald BSB on Palanquin (noxious vapors, slime trails, Sundering)
    Tzeentch Herald
    Slaanesh Herald or Masque

Anvil block of PBs (16+Palanquin, full command, Icon of Eternal Virulence)
    flanking Daemonettes
    magic battery Horrors
    Furies

Seekers with Siren Standard
    Screamers

Flamers

Fiends

I liked the list u proposed so i will do a bit more search and will folow you up with the results.
    thx
    Last edited by Eldrad0556; February 9th, 2009 at 01:57. Reason: i dunno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast