Herald of tzneetch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herald of tzneetch

SO isee alot of winged horror/master of sorcery heralds of tzneetch which leads me to wunder why not: disc/master/ flames of tzneetch. would be the same thing as above but with basicly a bound spell. Is it beause theres no model out for it or is it because the model is bigger? Same question with the chariot ( i personaly like the chariot because it gives more wounds and i like playing safe). The main problem i'd see with the disk or the chariot is that htey are slightly better cannon targets.

Last edited by mastercats; February 14th, 2009 at 21:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two reasons, first it's more points, and daemon players have trouble getting a decent amount of magic (assuming they're not tzeentch heavy lists) in without making wizards cost more.

the second, and more important reason, is that a herald with wings counts as a skirmisher, giveing it 360 degree line of sight. I just needs to get in range to use a spell and not have to worry what direction it's facing, where as a disc mounted has to have it's forward arc pointing at the target for line of sight spells

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

All the reasons stated above, plus a flying Herald can still join a unit and hide amongst some Horrors while a Disk-mounted Herald is stuck on his own.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

plus a flying Herald can still join a unit and hide amongst some Horrors while a Disk-mounted Herald is stuck on his own.
    Well, he could join the unit(Jugs, palanquins, and steeds can) but they would have to use the discs land-bound movement of 1 however.

I have tried out the disc/master/flames set-up but I just didn't get the results from flames to justify the extra points(I can get 2 more bodies or upgrade to 2 champs, etc.). The reason Flamers are so good is that you get so many shots with them. The Herald is like on Flamer operating alone. It is nice if you have the extra points but I always seem to find another use for those points so Flames gets cut out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

IIRC characters on flying mounts cannot join units, so he's stuck on his own.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, another downside is that a mounted character is unit strength 2, so no -1 to hit with ranged attacks, in addition to the above downsides.

So the pros and cons are basically:

Winged horror: US 1, so 360 degree LOS and -1 to hit him with ranged weapons, and can join units. On the down side, no other advantages conferred, and uses up 20 of the 50 point magic allotment.

Disc: Gives the flight without using up some of the magic allotment, and some extra CC attacks. On the down side, he loses all the advantages of being US 1, and can't join units.

Chariot: Gives more protection than the others, gives extra offensive power of impacts hits and more mount attacks. Again, loses the ability to join units, and is a more expensive option than the other two.

It really depends on how you build your list. For me, my Heralds are very important, so I stick with the chariots for maximum protection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

IIRC characters on flying mounts cannot join units, so he's stuck on his own.
    Yep, you're right.

The chariot definitely has its value as well. I just find the cost to be prohibitive. As with the disc I find other uses for the points. My Heralds have faired well on their own so far as other units seem to take my opponents attention away from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you take the disc, you should use those free gift points for a spellbreaker.

You always find a use for one, and you know that jerk will shoot a magic missle at your herald if given a chance.

+ Reply to Thread