Furies Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furies Models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furies Models

Curious what folks were using as their Furie models. My local store has a box of the older models, but a bit pricey at around $4 per model, and the sculpt leaves a little to be desired in my eyes.

Has anyone done their own conversion(s) for furies or substituted models from a different line of minis?

Cheers all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree completely. The fury models are pretty bad. I am using tyranid gargoyles as my furies but I swapped their gun arms for some arms from the ghoul models (which I am using as my plaguebearers because they also look like crap)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

There is really little you can do to defray the cost of furies other than buy the standard box and use horrible models. All conversation that look really nice are pricey at best, but if you use the stock models they are horrible scuplts that I'm shocked GW did not update.

I've seen people use harpy models and mount them on a larger base, then paint them up to match the other demons in your army. I used old metal demonettes with old metal gargoyle wings- i have a link in modeling/ painting with my DoC army. Most of my army has bright highlights, so I went with a shaded red to pink skin tone, then bright red-orange-yellow wings..
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still quite surprised that GW hasn't updated a lot of the Demon models. Maybe they'll get around to some plastic kits along with some updated models. So far, the new plastic stuff (ie. New LM models, 40k Orks) they have been releasing looks light years better than the older stuff.

@mupchurch:
    I like the 'Nid gargoyle idea. Seems about the same price-wise, but would be more worth it for me if I was using a unit of PBs as well, having the ghoul bits do double duty. Still, would love to see some pics of them if you have any to post.

@MouseC112:
    Could you post a link to your post in modeling/painting. I'm still working my way around the search function on the forums here.

Cheers guys, and thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread