Pink Horror/HoT advice needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Pink Horror/HoT advice needed.

Hey guys! I run a pretty standard Khorne/Tzeentch Daemons list, with three units of 10 horros as core, and a herald of tzeentch with master of sorcery and winged horror. I usually deploy said herald in a unit of horrors, giving them the 4+ inv, but kind of wasting my winged horror wargear.

My question is this- should I drop the winged horror, and make the three units of ten horrors into a two units, one of twenty and one of ten, possibly giving the block of twenty the icon of sorcery, or the changeling or whatever, and keep the herald in that unit all game, or should I keep the three units of ten, with the winged horror, allowing my herald to flee when things get sticky?

Its a 1500 point, not 2000 point list.

~Looking to buy an Imperial Navy Thunderbolt Pilot: PM me if you're interested~

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/tboltpilot.htm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

What ever floats your boat but I prefer the first.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I prefer the Winged Horror so you can flee as needed or get in better range/LoS to use spells.

Either one works though, 19+Herald with the icon of sorcery is a magical artillery piece and functions well as a normal ranked unit, since half the wounds just bounce off of them.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do both. character can't join flying units, flying monsters count as units, but flying character can join non flying units.

Simply fly forward and magic your enemy while he advances, then join the unit. the rules for joining a unit only require you to move to touch it, so you can fly straight into one. It's not likely you horrors are going to get the charge anyway, so there's no real penalty for doing so, and you simply combine the firepower of the two casters for one final shot at the unit.

If your facing a more shooty opponent, just put them in the units until your in range to fly over his shooters, and out of his line of sight.

I wouldn't go rearranging your units though, as your change would actually make you on DD poorer and not much else.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you're going to use 10 models plus a herald, be prepared to keep those blighters out of combat. I'll pounce a unit of 10 horrors any day. And I'll shoot at them all day, too, ward save or not. Those units are so small that they're easy to whittle down with shooting or pounce on with a big unit. Combat res can be a killer, so watch out for that. And if I can take out that herald, those horrors are even easier to kill.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread